cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate III
Advocate III

App keeps asking for camera permission

Hi all

I have an app which uses the camera control to take pictures, so far so good.

But everytime the published app is re-opened in a browser (Chrome, Firefox,...), PowerApps asks the user to grant camera permission.

Cam Permission.png

However, PowerApp should be allowed to use the cam:

Cam allowed.png

Clicking the very first time using the app is fine, but if users have to grant permission every single time they open the app, thats annoying.

Anyone managed to get around this?

Thanks!

Achi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Advocate III
Advocate III

It looks like Microsoft fixed this problem, our Apps do not ask anymore for the Cam Permission.

Regards

Achi

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @achi ,

There is a possible solution - it is well described here - using PowerShell. You need Admin access for this.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Super User III
Super User III

Hi @achi ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi Warren

Thx for your suggestion. Unfortunately, the BypassConsent cmdlet does not work for this kind of permission / connection.

It works great when it comes to the "regular" connections like SharePoint, Outlook, O365Users etc., but has no affect on the permission popup, when PowerApps is trying to connect to local device features. (Like Camera, Location, etc).

The users would be fine just having to click this "Allow" the very first time they access an app (as it is the case with the regular connections). But using the camera, they have to allow it every single time the app is loaded / reloaded. 

Thx & Regards

Achi

Frequent Visitor

I am having PowerApp request Camera permission every time I open my App too - but I am pretty sure it has been like this for about 2 weeks.  Prior - it asked once, and did not ask again.  @achi are you sure about your post?

Thanks 

Sheryl

Advocate III
Advocate III

It looks like Microsoft fixed this problem, our Apps do not ask anymore for the Cam Permission.

Regards

Achi

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (30,278)