cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FLOWPA
Advocate I
Advocate I

App launches with error message about editing a protected google sheet, but no edits are made.

My app: a support tickets app, with the following screens

screen 1: main gallery listing tickets

screen 2: form to edit or create new tickets

screen 3: only for admins: it has a gallery and form connected to a google sheet tab, to retrieve a list of supervisors. I have locked/protected this tab in google sheets to avoid regular users from making accidental changes. 

Error message when starting the app logged as admin or regular user: 

SupervisorsList failed: Invalid data[0]: You are trying to edit a protected cell or object. Please contact the spreadsheet owner to remove protection if you need to edit. 

When the app starts, it goes to screen 1. 

Why is the error message mentioning 'you are trying to edit a protected cell'? On screen 1 there are no formulas that can read/edit the supervisors list. Screen 2 has a dropdown that can only read the supervisors list.  Only screen 3 can edit the supervisors list.

Is there any way to prevent this error message when the app launches? Otherwise, any other solution to protect this spreadsheet from regular users?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PWREduCon768x460.png

Join us at PWR EduCon - A Power Platform Conference

Learn from the top Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate & Power Virtual Agents experts!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,269)