cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdrianAtEckoo
Level: Powered On

App not collecting live data

Hi All 

Wondering if anyone can help me with this. I have made two apps that work together, one app is designed to create sales orders, these orders contain data such as items, quantities, and prices. The other application is designed to process these sales orders and complete them. So, for example, one person may want Item 1, Item 2 and Item 3 and this sales order is then submitted, from there someone on the second application will then grab this order and process it and once it's completed, they will mark the order as complete. This will then tell the person who ordered, that their submission has been processed. 

This whole time I thought the second application was grabbing data in real-time, however when I was testing this out side by side. The data was not being grabbed as application 1 was creating sales orders. 

I have also created a Now() feature to show the time on the screen, but it doesn't change. I had left the app running for a few minutes and the time had not changed at all. Is there something I need to add in order for my app to collect data as people are submitting sales orders. 

When I refresh the application or go back into it via an iPad, browser or PowerApps from the Microsoft Store. That's when the data gets collected.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarcoM

Re: App not collecting live data

You can use the Refresh method to update data from the datasource. In combination with a Timer it should be possible to automatically Refresh the app.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MarcoM

Re: App not collecting live data

You can use the Refresh method to update data from the datasource. In combination with a Timer it should be possible to automatically Refresh the app.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,721)