Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

App not displaying data correctly on my phone

Hello! 

I'm new to powerapps and I'm trying to understand how to build apps. I've been doing some progress and I've developed a few examples offered by microsoft and such. I can run those apps on a web browser without problems but when I want to run them on my Iphone the data that's displayed on my gallery appears all unsorted with a different layout that the one I've applied. 

I've created an app using a sharepoint list as my data source and this problem happens all the time. I've created the same app with an excel file as my data source and I see the same problem. It seems like it would apply any of the changes I make on it.

I can't understand why.

I'm attaching two pictures that show how I see them on my phone and on my computer.

Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong or what should I do to correct how the app is displayed on phones? Thanks!

This is how I see it on my phoneThis is how I see it on my phoneThis is how I see it on my PCThis is how I see it on my PC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: App not displaying data correctly on my phone

I think it depends. When did this issue originally start? My issue only began several days ago after a PowerApps update. 

And yes, that is correct - delete the fields in the gallery and re adding them to see if that works 🙂 It worked for me but not neccesarily sure it will for you. The reason I bring this up is I was having the same issue you were (a difference between what was being displayed on web vs. mobile). 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I think I may of had the same issue you are having. 

See here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Text-on-Mobile-Version-Garbled/m-p/95068

Try deleting the fields in the gallery, and then re add them. After that, publish it. In theory, it "should" work.

Something weird happened after Microsoft updated PowerApps. 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kingstead,

Would you please provide the session ID of the app when you encounter this issue?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Sorry, I do not have a session ID.

Since the original issue, this was already fixed by me by deleting and re adding the fields in the gallery. 

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey! Thanks for your help so far! Since I'm totally new to powerapps I just want to confirm with you if I understood correctly what to do. You suggest to: Go to powerapps and delete all the labels that display fields in my gallery and then re add them? Thanks for all the help again.

Regards,

Pablo.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I think it depends. When did this issue originally start? My issue only began several days ago after a PowerApps update. 

And yes, that is correct - delete the fields in the gallery and re adding them to see if that works 🙂 It worked for me but not neccesarily sure it will for you. The reason I bring this up is I was having the same issue you were (a difference between what was being displayed on web vs. mobile). 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! that worked!! but just to help the next person that comes here looking, I'll say this only worked if I deleted the labels that were nested under the main gallery and then recreated them manually myself. If I tried to go and change the gallery layout to recreate the labels automatically, that didn't work. You have to delete the labels and then create them one by one by yourself.

Anyways, thank you so much for your help! Without your solution I wouldn't have known what to do! 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

You're welcome! It is very frustrating to see this happen. I hope that Microsoft can find the root cause and fix this so other developers do not have to go in and modify their build. 

🙂 Good luck! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,882)