cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

App not loading after Version Upgrade

My current functional app version is 3.19104.33

I made some minor changes and tried re-publishing the app last year with version 3.19111.28 and the app stopped loading and got stuck at loading screen.

Subsequently, I reverted to the original version 3.19104.33 last month, and tried re-publishing the app again this month to version 3.19123.15
Unfortunately, again the app gets stuck on loading screen on web and mobile. Can someone guide on any chang elog between these versions so we can at least know where to start troubleshooting? The app works fine in the edit mode.

@sridutt @v-xida-msft 
@ please can you help me on this? I observed a similar issue on these versions reoorted in the past, and maybe you have some insight?
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: App not loading after Version Upgrade

Hi @prashsub ,

Do you mean that your app of 3.19104.33 version can work well when you edit, but can not work well when you play?

122.PNG

If so, I suggest you firstly choose "edit".

Resave and republish this app to the latest version.

And then play the again.

(The odd version may lead to this problem.)

If it doesn't work, you could clean your browser's cache, update it to the latest version and try again.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi!

same problem here.

My last working version is on: 3.19121.12.

I tried re-save and re-publish with but the app is"freezed" via web and mobile but ok in powerapps studio

I tried version 3.19123.15 but also with more recent version: 3.20013.29, the only solution was to restore with 3.19121.12.

Please help!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello @v-yutliu-msft  @ShantanuP  @sridutt ,

I tried republishing the app to  3.19111.28, but it won't play - only allows to edit. The Play gets stuck in loading screen.

Today, I tried republishing it to version 3.20071.22, but again same problem. The app allows to edit, but the Play gets stuck in a freezed loading screen.

I had to revert back to 3.19104.33 finally last time, and edited and published on that version with this workaround of publishing the app to an old version using the following link. 

@ShantanuP , I tried this workaround as suggested by you elsewhere,

https://create.powerapps.com/v3.19104.33.130671691/studio/#

Unfortunately, this workaround also is not possible, as this link isn't active anymore, i.e. we can't publish to this version also anymore.

I am totally stuck now, since I can't make any changes to my app, since any change results in an upgraded version, which won't Play. Can you please help with this?

I have tried clearing cache, changing browsers, and even making fresh browser installs across Chrome, Edge, Edge Chromium, Internet Explorer and Firefox.

To summarize, I am stuck at version 3.19104.33

I have tried to publish to versions, 3.19111.28, 3.19123.15, and 3.20071.22 and they all have resulted in app freezing at loading when Played.

I can't make any changes to the app anymore, since version 3.19104.33 is not allowing to be republished on?

Please can you help with this issue?

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

@prashsub can you please share session id when you faced this issue, we will check our logs and recommend next steps for you on this.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello @sridutt ,

This issue is resolved, I published the app twice, and now it's working again. No clue on root cause.

Thank you for offering to look into this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Come join us today! Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,566)