cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsparks Helper IV
Helper IV

App not properly zooming to fit window

For some reason my app isn't properly zooming to fit the browser window, leaving vertical and horizontal scroll bars.

The issue with this is that the app itself also has a scroll bar, and the "Submit" button is at the bottom of the app. When the user scrolls to the bottom of the app, the "Submit" button is still hidden unless they scroll down in the browser too. 

zoom to fit.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
Eelman Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Re: App not properly zooming to fit window

My apps have started doing this as well in my browser.

I'm using Chrome Version 78.0.3904.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rsparks ,

Could you show me your settings about the app's screen?

Have you turn this off?

11133.PNG

Turning this setting off could make your control adjust based on the screen size.

What's more, you could set your control's size by referring this doc:

https://lennartwoermer.de/2019/07/how-to-build-responsive-powerapps/

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Eelman Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Mine was set on 16:9 so I changed it to 3:2 then saved. This made it looks odd in places so I re-saved back to 16:9 and it appears to have reset itself. 

@v-yutliu-msft my 'Scale to Fit' was set to ON but I haven't had any issues until this last week - ie it always displayed correctly. Seems OK now though after doing the above reset

Highlighted
Eelman Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Scratch that, only fixed it in Edit not PLAY mode. Play mode still the same (see attached pics). Both set to 16:9, 1st (smaller pic) has ScaleToFit = OFF, 2nd ScaleToFit = ON. Note the scrollbars on RHS and BOTTOM which haven't been there before.

CampMmentApp - ScaleToFit - OFF 16_9.jpgScale To Fit = OFFCampMmentApp - ScaleToFit - ON 16_9.jpgScale To Fit = ON

rsparks Helper IV
Helper IV

My "Scale to Fit" setting is on, and turning it off doesn't reveal any extra settings - I think this is due to the app being designed for mobile? It's also worth mentioning that the scroll bars only seem to appear 75% of the time. Sometimes they aren't there and the app scales properly. 

1.PNG

Eelman Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

I'm out in the field today demo'ing my app. On the first site I went to the app displayed perfectly then at the second site it was back to showing with scroll bars. Could it be related to the network? These sites use satellite networks.

1st site had better network connection than the second but both were usable ie neither were overly slow. 

rsparks Helper IV
Helper IV

I have it working then not working even within the same browser session.

I'm constantly opening/closing/reopening the app as I'm trying to get the app's connected flow working, and within 5 minutes I had one instance with scroll bars, and another without.

It seems to be something to do with how everything is loaded in. Whether it's the order, or the speed specific elements are loaded in. But the times the scroll bars show up it seems to try and fill the window properly, but bugs out and sizes itself incorrectly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,934)