Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

App not recognizing SQL content after turning off CDS settings

Hi,

I have an app that uses and on-prem SQL DB from which make use of both views and tables.  I do not use the Common Data Service at all, so in an attempt to improve app performance, I thought it might be smart to turn off all the CDS settings in the "App Settings". Well, I was terribly wrong. Firstly, my Data icon inside my app went missing, so I could not see any of my data connections. After hours of googling I saw a post that said turn back on the setting "Improve data source experience and Common Data Service Views", which I did. But it seems the damage is already done. I have my data tab back, and I can see all my referenced tables and views, but my code does not 'recognize' any of them. By 'recognize' I mean they don't go that nice turquoise color when referenced, and the code is not returning any data from them.  I have tried deleting them all and adding them back but it has made no difference. Any ideas please? I am desperate.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Thanks to a post from @JeffSmith (sorry - new to this and don't know how to tag him properly),  I managed to resolve my issue.

The original error was " Failed to load [dbo].[tablename]. The specified record was not found. Something went wrong"

The issue is caused by the new preview feature Enable enhanced Microsoft SQL Server connector” which is turned on by default, and whats worse is you can't turn it off if you have any SQL 'anythings' in your app.

To turn it off I had to remove all SQL tables and views, and all of my flows, then save and publish and close my app. On re-opening I had to first switch off this setting in the App Settings, and then add everything back again. It is a major mission, but it works - THANKS JEFF!

So it probably had nothing to do with the CDS settings as originally thought!  Hope this helps someone else experiencing the panic I experienced today.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

LaelH_1-1599578749182.png

Here's a screenshot of the error.

Highlighted

Thanks to a post from @JeffSmith (sorry - new to this and don't know how to tag him properly),  I managed to resolve my issue.

The original error was " Failed to load [dbo].[tablename]. The specified record was not found. Something went wrong"

The issue is caused by the new preview feature Enable enhanced Microsoft SQL Server connector” which is turned on by default, and whats worse is you can't turn it off if you have any SQL 'anythings' in your app.

To turn it off I had to remove all SQL tables and views, and all of my flows, then save and publish and close my app. On re-opening I had to first switch off this setting in the App Settings, and then add everything back again. It is a major mission, but it works - THANKS JEFF!

So it probably had nothing to do with the CDS settings as originally thought!  Hope this helps someone else experiencing the panic I experienced today.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you for the information @LaelH ! this really help others

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,699)