Recently, my app we brought to production before GA has some issues when PowerApps becomes GA:
- The SharePoint data source failed even when we didn't change anything, so I have to delete then add the SP datasource again. The problem is after re-added, the datasource has suffix (_1) behind its name, for example: datasource_name_1. Is there any way that I can rename the datasource name instead of change its name in controllers that use the datasource.
- UI has a bit change. For what I can see now, some controllers have lost their borders.
- Finally, charts mess up when it runs in Run mode but it works fine when I enter edit mode then run the app.
How should I solve these issues?
1. From your description it looks like you have more than one data source configured in the app. Can you go the Data sources panel from the Content > Data sources tab and check the connections? My suggestion to remove the old connection and the new connection_1 and add it again.
2. Can you call out the specific controls that don't have borders. You can check BorderStyle (set to Solid, Dotted, None etc.) and BorderThickness (set to 0, 1, 2... etc.) properties on those controls
3. Are the charts running in the browser or the mobile client - please file a support ticket with the version details for this issue.
For the first one, I tried and it didn't work. I deleted the old connection before added a new one, but I still ended up with suffix after the connection name.
For the last one, I was informed by Harold that It was a known bug and has been reported to product group. And I have no idea if this bug is fixed or not.
@hngdev, sorry to hear that you still have that issue. I will report your first issue to our senior engineers, will post back if I got any updates. And for your last issue, did you open another thread in the community so that Harold can provide you the information? In addition, could you please also share me more information, for example some screenshots, to show how charts mess in Run mode?
I'm sorry for this late response. It has been busy weeks for me.
This is how the chart runs in 2 different modes:
Also, when it runs in Run/Web mode, my loading screen takes too long to actually run loading data
In Edit mode, it jumps right to loading data process when the app opens.
Can you please double check on it?
Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.
Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!
Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!
Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!
Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.