cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iamandyf1996
Helper I
Helper I

App relaunching on navigation

I recently encountered an issue whereby the whole app will relaunch/refresh in the first instance were a button is selected to navigate to another page.

When I press the button to navigate to another page, the whole page will refresh (as if I just pressed F5) and return back to the starting page of the app. Thereafter, in that instance when I select a button it will work as it used to and navigate to the appropriate page. If I refresh the page or open the app in another tab, the same thing will happen the first time I select a button.

This isn't limit to a single button - any button that navigates to another page will cause the whole application to refresh.

Thanks,

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
truongj
Frequent Visitor

I found the solution from a different thread.  I can confirm changing the Authoring Version to a new version has fixed my issue:  https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/PowerApp-does-not-load-screen-Just-started-h...

Hope this helps others!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @iamandyf1996 ,

Can you please share the code for one of those navigation buttons? It almost sounds like you are using the Launch() function instead of Navigate(). Also, do you have any OnVisible properties configured?

test

Hello @BCBuizer ,

Sure thing, below are two pieces of code from two separate buttons on the page.

If(
_selectedMenuItem.Row < ThisItem.Row,
Navigate(ThisItem.Screen,ScreenTransition.Cover),
Navigate(ThisItem.Screen,ScreenTransition.UnCoverRight)
);
Set(_selectedMenuItem, ThisItem)

And

If(
ThisItem.Row = 3,
If(
First(ApplicationWelcomeProfileData).FavouriteApplicationLocal = "Yes",
Navigate(LookUp(AppScreenNameLookup,Name = First(ApplicationWelcomeProfileData).FavouriteApplicationLink,Screen)),
Launch(ThisItem.Screen2)
),
If(
ThisItem.PopUp = "Yes",
Navigate(HelpdeskCreateTicket,ScreenTransition.Cover,{HelpdeskCreateTicketLink:true}),
Navigate(ThisItem.Screen,ScreenTransition.Fade)
)
)

There is an OnVisible property configured and it is;

Concurrent(
Set(_selectedMenuItem,LookUp(NavMenu,Row=1)),
Set(DeepLinkActivation,false),
ClearCollect(
OrganisationalNews,
'IT News'
)
)

Launch() is mentioned but isn't used unless the value for the button is not local (which they are). The issue also occurs on the other button which does not have Launch(). It also works as intended on the second press (after the application is automatically relaunched), its just the first time the button is pressed that it reloads the page.

This app has also been working for the past 2-3 years with no issues, it just started happening today (as far as I am aware).

EDIT: Here is a link to a YouTube video of the issue occurring in real-time. As you can see the first click will relaunch the app, but subsequent clicks do not. https://youtu.be/XTZLc3bOEfQ

Thanks,

Andy.

sudheervvs
Helper I
Helper I

We are experiencing exactly the same issue from last week. This was working before without any issue. All I have on the 'OnSelect' property of the button is this: 

Set(varSaving, true );
Navigate(scrRequestApprovals,ScreenTransition.Fade);
Set(varSaving, false );

truongj
Frequent Visitor

I am having the exact same issue.  It just happens that the screen this occurs on is my most complex screen with 700+ controls on this screen.  Would that have anything to do with why it is relaunching/refreshing the app?  My latest publication where we started to experience this issue was on 22Apr2022.  

It has to do with this one particular screen only.  I can navigate to the targeted screen from any other screen without the app relaunching.  The screen with the issue is only setting variables on its OnVisible function.  As soon as I get to the screen, if I navigate to any other screen from here, it will relaunch the app

truongj
Frequent Visitor

This is only happening when using a web browser to view the published version.  It works as intended on the Power Apps mobile application and when editing the application.

I've tried multiple different browsers (Chrome, Edge, IE, Firefox) and the issue is repeated across all the browsers.

truongj
Frequent Visitor

I found the solution from a different thread.  I can confirm changing the Authoring Version to a new version has fixed my issue:  https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/PowerApp-does-not-load-screen-Just-started-h...

Hope this helps others!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,277)