cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ciprianpopovici
Helper I
Helper I

App- remember the previous value of a field and used to current record

I need to build an app that will manage the activities of specific people.

Once a day , each user will fill in the application how many orders and invoices resolve in a day. Everything seems simple to do, except for the part that must be retained where the total value from the previous day, which must be added to the current record. To exemplify I have attached what the application should look like.

The calculation formulas are as follows: Total in is the sum of the remaining orders from the previous day plus the orders entered today (Total in = Remaining from yesterday + In) . Initial  Remaining from yesterday is zero. Remaining has the calculation formula Total In-Solved. 

I don't know how to manage the value from the previous day (remaining from yesterday). Remaining from yesterday will be an read only field.

I have to use the value of Remaining in the next day's record  Remaining from yesterday . Practically the field Remaining from yesterday will have the value of field Remaining from previous record of user.

Thank you

Hope someone will understand

Each type of activity is managed separately (invoices, orders, etc.)

4 REPLIES 4
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

I am going to presume the Remaining from yesterday is a field in your data source?   If not you will need to add it.  Power Apps doesn't retain anything between uses.   So you have to have that data somewhere it can get it for the user.

In your App OnStart, do a lookup for the current user to get the value of 'Remaining from Yesterday' and store it in a variable to use when needed.

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

It's already a  field in my data source (SharePoint list).Can you give some example of code to use to lookup for the value of the field  'Remaining from Yesterday' for current user? I'm not sure how to do it. Thank you

JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

You can do this:  Replace SPColumn with the name of the column that contains your user email address

Set(varRemaining, LookUp(SharePointList, SPColumn = User().Email).'Remaining from yesterday')

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

I will try your solution and come back with feedback. Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,360)