cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iskguy
Helper III
Helper III

App responsiveness and slowness

I have an app that is doing a comparison of an outside file of people and identifiers such as an ssn to our main client database table and trying to do a match (with ssn, names, addresses).  I have a scoring system that scores a 3 on a SSN match as this would be a 100% match.  Names and addresses are lower scores.  Here is the ITEMS property of the gallery.  

SortByColumns(
    GroupBy(
            AddColumns(
                'Property Records',
                "FirstName",
                First(Split(Name," ")).Result,
                "LastNames",
                First(LastN(Split(Name," "),2)).Result),
    "Name",
    "FirstName",
    "LastNames",
    "Social_x0020_Security_x0020_Numb",
    "TransType",
    "GroupedRecord"
    ),
"Name",Ascending,"TransType",Ascending)

Property Records is a connection to an On-Prem SQL instance and going through a data gateway.  The records coming in are daily records from a csv file and at most contain a hundred records.  The main client table in the SQL instance is 70K+ records.  

In the Item Template of the gallery I have a label with the cumulative score and a label whose Text property is :If(CountIf(ISK_Clients,ssn=ThisItem.Social_x0020_Security_x0020_Numb)>0,"SSN Match","No SSN Match").

When we run the app, it literally takes around 5 to 10 minutes to even display data needed.  Someone mentioned this URL, however it is a 404 error message now: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/considerations-for-optimized-performance-in-power-apps/#:...

I was thinking of instead of on-prem using a SharePoint list or Dataverse for the main Client database where I can import or use Power Automate to map a csv file coming from a Stored Procedure.  Would that improve performance?

I need to have this app responsive, but the end user understandably does not want to wait ten minutes for data.

Thanks for the information and help

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (4,124)