cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

App sharing

If I creat an app and share it I understand that the other user will connect to the datasource using their credentials and permissions. If I leave the company and my account is deleted can other admins access the app and share it to others?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: App sharing

Other Admins (that you have shared the app with) should still be able to access it, also they can share the app with other users if you originally shared the app with them with a "can-edit" permission

share.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AKotb Thanks for the reply. The issue I am running into is that my app is using an Excel document stored in the OneDrive. Since I am setting up the App it expects that the file is in my OneDrive. Powerapps doesnt let me target files in someone else's OneDrive. I am trying to make sure that if I leave the company this App and the data will persist beyond me and anyone else's employement lifecycle. Seems that the only way to this is to have a generic account not tied to a user account and store the data in that account's OneDrive and use that Account to build/deploy the apps. Is this correct?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have any recommendations on this? I need to get this app released as a proof of concept for future Powerapps use.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,074)