cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kent
Helper I
Helper I

App store update 2.0.600

Hi. I got the upgrade from the App store today for my iphone and now have some strange things happening. My Apps work as they should in my browser but on my phone there is a date fields missing and some onselect features are not working correctly.

Is there any known issues with this version.

I have deleted the app several times but still no luck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hpkeong
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi

Looks like it is DatePicker itself having problem integrating with software updates from different platform and some bugs from MS PowerApps.

In fact, I have given-up using DatePickers due to date format, which is only at mm/dd/yyyy, no matter how you set the Text Format and sometimes different in one day, since many months ago. Inconsistency really kills me.

As you said, the alternative for me for all my apps is:

- using Dropdown with

- DropDown1.Items = [2017, 2018, 2019,....] for Year

- DropDown2.Items = Calendar.MonthsShort() for Month or ['01", "02", "03", ...,12], where I prefer the latest for matching purposes

- DropDown3.Items = [1,2,3,4,................................31]

Then arrange side-by-side, remove Chevron background to beautify them and use, when saving, you can either:

- Save into individual column : Year, Month, Day, or

- Concatenate(Day, &"/"&, Month, &"/"&, Year), so that it looks like,e g.: 17/03/2017 or whateveer arrangement you like.

Hope this helps.

Have a nice day. 

hpkeong

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Kent
Helper I
Helper I

Please see the photos one of the pc browser and one from my phone.IMG_4277.PNGIMG_4278.JPG

hpkeong
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi

From experience before, original Icon from PowerApps are sometimes NOT Visible under iPhone environment compared to Win 10 and Android (almost no issues).

You can either post for an ideas for improvement or change some of the icon to images imported from outside.

Thanks

hpkeong
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kent,

I just tried App 2.0.600 under IOS, and the Date Picker control would be shown from my side.

Please take a try to do some modification regarding the date Picker, such as changing the size, then save it and Updating it under the IOS device to check.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you both for your replies.

I have tried changing the size of the date picker with no luck. Although if I delete the date picker the App functions as it should.

I have 4 Apps with a date picker and they all have the same problem although they have worked previously without issue for 6 months.

The behavour I see is this. I go to the detail screen and hit he edit button, nothing happens. But if i hit the back button it stays on the screen but the edit button then works. The date part of the picker is missing and when i hit the back button it will only go back to the detail screen and no further. So then im stuck.

This all started on 18-3-17 after i downloaded the upgrade from the web store. I had a call from a workmate today that uses the Apps regularly complaining about the same issue i am seeing. His phone is set to auto download upgrades and on checking that happened on the 19-3-17. These are Australian times.

My thoughts are this. The date picker is a bit tedios on the Iphone and now with hindsight I would probably prefer a simple text box that can be edited with the date but havent been able to get that to work yet.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

hpkeong
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi

Looks like it is DatePicker itself having problem integrating with software updates from different platform and some bugs from MS PowerApps.

In fact, I have given-up using DatePickers due to date format, which is only at mm/dd/yyyy, no matter how you set the Text Format and sometimes different in one day, since many months ago. Inconsistency really kills me.

As you said, the alternative for me for all my apps is:

- using Dropdown with

- DropDown1.Items = [2017, 2018, 2019,....] for Year

- DropDown2.Items = Calendar.MonthsShort() for Month or ['01", "02", "03", ...,12], where I prefer the latest for matching purposes

- DropDown3.Items = [1,2,3,4,................................31]

Then arrange side-by-side, remove Chevron background to beautify them and use, when saving, you can either:

- Save into individual column : Year, Month, Day, or

- Concatenate(Day, &"/"&, Month, &"/"&, Year), so that it looks like,e g.: 17/03/2017 or whateveer arrangement you like.

Hope this helps.

Have a nice day. 

hpkeong

View solution in original post

Thanks hpkeong.

That sounds like the way to go. I'll give that a go.

Hi.

I have tried everything I can think of and your suggestion. I have also made new apps and the problem still remains. Is there anything else I can look at.

I can format the date column as text and then I get an editable text box but my problem is I have the code below that relies on a date format. Is there a way around that.

If(
DateDiff(
Today(),
MaintenanceExpired
) < 0,
Concatenate(
Text(Abs(DateDiff(
Today(),
MaintenanceExpired
))),
" days ago"
),
Concatenate(
"In ",
Text(DateDiff(
Today(),
MaintenanceExpired
)),
" days"
)
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza Winner Announcement

Please join us on Wednesday, July 21st at 8a PDT. We will be announcing the Winners of the Demo Extravaganza!

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,617)