cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alaa-Alarori
Level: Powered On

App stuck at Opening screen on Android phone

Hello,

I published an application that I have been working on for several months, it works fine in my country but it didn't work in my client's country. I should say that the quality of the internet connections is poor. so it worked on the laptop, using the same internet service provider, it doesn't work on the mobile phone. it stucks at the Opening screen. also changing 3 different ISPs it also didn't work.

I've seen a couple of questions about this issue here but I need guidance on where to investigate this problem

What are the minimum requirements for a mobile phone, Android or IOS, to run an app

What connections powerapps opens that might be considered suspicious to ISPs

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Power Apps Staff cherie
Power Apps Staff

Re: App stuck at Opening screen on Android phone

@Alaa-Alarori we have a known bug in Android where if the Android OS language is set to arabic, the apps will not open. We have a fix in the pipeline and it will be shipping soon. I will let you know when it has been released in the store.

In the meantime, the workaround would be to switch the OS language to another language that is not arabic.

Thanks for your patience!

View solution in original post

Power Apps Staff cherie
Power Apps Staff

We publish release notes here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/release-notes. They are generally for larger features however.

Our latest release is available in the store so you should be able to update your app and set the language back to Arabic.

Thanks

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Alaa-Alarori

A new update,

I asked the client to open the app through the browser and it works

so now it is just the application on the phone,

Note: 9 people tried the application on their phones

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Alaa-Alarori,

Could you please share a screenshot of the issue within your clients' Android Mobile Device?

Further, could you please provide a Session ID of the PowerApps Mobile App within your clients' Android phone? 

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The version of PowerApps Mobile App within my Android Mobile Device is 3.18064.30, the version of my Android Device (Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro) is 7.1.1.

For your first question, the minimum version requirements for Android Device is Android 5 or later, the minimum version requirements for iOS Device is iOS 9.3 or later.

More details about the system requirements for Android Mobile Device and iOS Mobile Device to run an app, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/limits-and-config

For your second question, I don't think the connections created via the connectors supported within PowerApps are 

considered suspicious to ISPs (Internet Service Provider). 

Please check if the version of the PowerApps Mobile App within your clients' Android Mobile Device is the latest version, if not, please consider update to the latest version, then check if the issue is solved.

In addition, please also check if the version of your clients' Android Mobile Device has meet the minimum requirements for running a PowerApps app.

Best regards,
Kris
Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Alaa-Alarori

One of the Session IDs is: 21449a23-0579-4d71-b05f-c1f84618fe34

this session was tried on Huawei P10 Lite which by defualt comes with Android 7.0

I was also infomred today that they tried it on a phone with Android Oreo (8) and the same happens

The IDs of two apps we are trying are:

779b9776-b24d-42ca-be23-94c80d0d065d

aa4cc76d-4c4d-40cb-9225-86ac5ce22209

If this information is not enough I can provide more next week

Thanks for your reply

Alaa

Appsessed

We have experienced this issue on iPhone as well.  I deleted PowerApps app from the iPhone and reinstalled it - this solved the problem.  I'm not familiar with Android but similar steps may resolve your issue.

Alaa-Alarori

@Appsessed thanks for your suggestion. I will ask the users to do so, although all 9 of them newly installed PowerApps, so it's unlikely to be solved this way

Alaa-Alarori

hey @v-xida-msft

here's some other session IDs, as I said earlier, I have two apps and both are showing the same behavior

App ID:  aa4cc76d-4c4d-40cb-9225-86ac5ce22209

Sessions:

4fbbbd49-2d8a-41f6-9086-891a5620d093
b9a47f6c-4a3f-4ed9-a08e-7021050ec5f0
aaf2be26-c4fc-412b-b497-1db68432c33a

Second App ID: 779b9776-b24d-42ca-be23-94c80d0d065d

Session ID: b9380ecd-53e7-4fed-b9fb-09e86d2ef9db

My datasource is Sharepoint 

would you please check and help

Alaa

Alaa-Alarori

Dear @v-xida-msft

It has been more than a week since I provided session IDs and two days since I provided more, I would really appreciate dedicating a little bit of time to help me fix the disaster I am facing with my client for more than a week now. If this issue is not fixed soon I might face big financial and reputational loses.

Please help!

Alaa

Alaa-Alarori

Dear @v-xida-msft

I browse powerusers website and I can't but notice that you reply to other people on other issues and totally ignore my post here for more than 10 days, despite the fact that I have an issue that can't be solved without your or your colleagues' attention. It's not like I am asking a basic functional question that can be found in the documentation, I am facing a problem that prevents the app to work where it was intended to and the whole project is falling down. Just to add a little pepper to the mixture, this app is for the use of a humanitarian NGO who is carrying out an emergency response. Can the situation be any worse!

I am mentioning other community support and powerapps staff who I collected, randomly, from the website hoping that someone might reply!

@v-micsh-msft @v-monli-msft @davidme @Cameron @CarlosFigueira @AKotb

Please help!

Alaa

Microsoft Kunal
Microsoft

Can you please try to check if you have the latest version of the PowerApps app on your Android phone? If not, can you install it? If you do have the latest version of the app can you try logging out and logging in to see if that fixes the issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,687)