Did you mean: 
Highlighted
antoniohbarros
Frequent Visitor

App suddenly requires premium license

Good afternoon,

I've been workin on an app for a few months now, but today,

after I published a new version (with no new connectors),

it suddenly says that a premium license is required due to a premium feature contained within the app.

It's not the first time this happened to me, but this time the app is too big to simply remake it from scratch.

Me and my organization members have office 365 licenses with powerapps.

I'm not using any premium connectors or features that I'm aware of.

Is there anything I can do about this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: App suddenly requires premium license

@antoniohbarros
I’m not sure I can help you if Microsoft has already tried. I don’t work for them, I am just a humble community member who wishes that they could find a way to help you...

Two suggestions:
Keep pushing Microsoft for an answer on how to solve this or rebuild the Flow from scratch without the CDS connector.

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

@antoniohbarros 

Open a support ticket with Microsoft.  Follow the link below and click on the button at the bottom of the page.

MS Support

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

antoniohbarros
Frequent Visitor

Good afternoon, @mdevaney ,

I did as you suggested.

But after many escalations and a long time of waiting, I was told that one of my approval driven flows leverages the Common Data Service (which is a premium connector) for no apparent reason.

Not even removing every single connection and flow from the app allowed me to run it without a premium license, nor did exporting it and importing again as a new app.

At the end I was told that a "workaround" would be to "start a trial if you are at a critical stage in the app development or usage while you secure the necessary resources to start a Premium license", which is not something i can do.

Super User
Super User

@antoniohbarros
I’m not sure I can help you if Microsoft has already tried. I don’t work for them, I am just a humble community member who wishes that they could find a way to help you...

Two suggestions:
Keep pushing Microsoft for an answer on how to solve this or rebuild the Flow from scratch without the CDS connector.

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

antoniohbarros
Frequent Visitor

@mdevaney , I'm terribly sorry for the tone,

since you're not working for MS I would say they're missing out on a great employee.

as for my problem, I'll try pushing them a bit more as you suggested,

as it would be pretty frustrating to go through all the process of rebuilding it from scratch,

only for this to happen again.

Thank you for your time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,925)