Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eric6
Advocate II
Advocate II

App takes long time to connect and "sign on failed"

Hi,

I recently shared an app across my organization, and generally it works fine. However, some users are reporting issues when trying to connect. Specifically, the app needs to link to SharePoint and EXCEL Online. It tells the user it's "almost there", but then takes several minutes before the following screen comes up, afterward still pointing to connection issues as shown below.

What should users do when this happens? Is it normal that it says {username}{token}? Should it say the person's UPI instead?

Annotation 2020-08-03 111206.jpg

However, this does not happen for all the users, as some could connect ok. One user used clicked "Fix connection" and that actually fixed it for him. It did not work for this one.

Best regards,

Eric

2 REPLIES 2
danielbazetto
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @Eric6 ,

Do you know if the user who had the issue has changed his password? Because perhaps if he changed the M365 password the tokens might be expired so that's why it does not work and he needs to use the "Fix connection" to enter new credentials.

Ok. I asked him to press "Fix connection" and provide credentials as required. This worked, but now there is a new sign-on request all the time for any action, telling him that for security reasons he must sign on again. It works with a click of a button without entering a password again, but the same message comes up after a few seconds.

Could something be wrong with his specific security settings? This is definitely not the same when some other people are using the app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,439)