cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BayanMobarak1
Helper I
Helper I

App that send reminders ( phone notifications) on the routine task that need to happen everyday

Hello everyone, I want to build an app that send push notifications on the daily tasks that need to happen in different time. the idea is that I have multiple workers in the production line and they have different tasks to do, and if they forget one of the steps a problem may occur. I need your help in giving me the guidelines to make this application. I want the notification to be triggered once the user click start button in the application. And I want the notifications to be restricted to duration of time, for example, straight after user click start button send this notification. After 5 mintues, send this notification, after 20 send another notification and so on . Would really appreciate your help guys about this. Thank you in advance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jcook
Super User
Super User

Hello @BayanMobarak1 ,

You can have a power app that has a start button. On select : create a new item in a SharePoint list.

The SharePoint list could have the following column:

Email - Who ever clicks the button in the App

Now create a flow in Power Automate, with a trigger of when an item is created in SharePoint.

In the flow, send an email to the user from the list item properties (Email)

Now add a delay action, add the you want to wait before the next email. And so on.

note that I say email. But this can be any form of alert from within the Power Platform connectors.

thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Ramole
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @BayanMobarak1 

Please check here it will show you in to detail Create push notifications for Power Apps mobile 

Thank you
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others and consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."
Jcook
Super User
Super User

Hello @BayanMobarak1 ,

You can have a power app that has a start button. On select : create a new item in a SharePoint list.

The SharePoint list could have the following column:

Email - Who ever clicks the button in the App

Now create a flow in Power Automate, with a trigger of when an item is created in SharePoint.

In the flow, send an email to the user from the list item properties (Email)

Now add a delay action, add the you want to wait before the next email. And so on.

note that I say email. But this can be any form of alert from within the Power Platform connectors.

thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

View solution in original post

Thank you so much josh! 

Unfortunately my company has limitation in SharePoint, it does not allow for connecting it with other apps. 

I`m thinking about doing the delay action but when the button in PowerApps is clicked, but I don`t know what is wrong with the following formula 

powerapps.png

let me know please if you how to trigger the flow directly from a button.

zmorek
Super User
Super User

It's asking you to pass it the rest of the parameters from your Flow; in the Flow you have "Ask in Powerapps" in those steps (Sendanemail(v2)_Body and Sendanemail(V2)_Body_1). In that formula, you need to provide the Flow those items to use in the Flow.

Raksh1Wadel
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

You can go through with this link. it will help you to get proper solution

Set up push notification for the Power Apps mobile app - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

@BayanMobarak1 

Why did you not fellow this Tutorial and Create push notifications for Power Apps mobile ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLYsognPA6s 

is working 100% 

Thank you
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others and consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,658)