cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

App transfer to someone not in my office365 environment

Hello everyone,

how can I transfer an app to another user who is not in my Office365 environment but has the Power Apps license?

image001.jpg

Can't I just send the applications to someone else via their login email at power Apps?

THANKS A LOT!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Users need to have an acount in your O365 Environment. I am surprised you have a user that can get a PowerApps license without office 365. if you want can send me an emailJay@research-nest.com and I can setup a teams meeting to try to help you

What you need to do is to export the app, send to the person and let him import into the environment.

Watch the video for details;

https://youtu.be/XeMj0Ywf3UM

Also ensure the user has Datasource or table names with same columns Names as it is in the App  to ensure smooth transfer

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

You can export the app and send the Zip file to them.  They can then import the app.  They will need to have a data source they can re-attach it to.  Or you can share the app with them as an external user.  As long as they have a license in their own tenant and you share the data source with them they should be able to use the app.  It does depend on the data source, but SharePoint or OneDrive Excel files will work as long as external sharing isn't disabled.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (36,312)