Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sravankcm
Advocate I
Advocate I

App users being asked for onedrive/AzureBLob Connections

Hello, 

I just developed my first PowerApp and shared it we a few teammates.

Whenever the user opens the app on the phone they are being asked to connect to the AzureBlob.

Why is this happening? how do I sharethe app with the user not having to provide the AzureBlob credentials?

Am I missing something?  

Thanks 

Sravan

3 REPLIES 3
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Sravan,

I created an App which was connected to OneDrive using my PowerApps account1, then I shared it with my PowerApps account2. On the Phone, I signed in PowerApps with my account2, just as you said, I was asked to provide the credential again. Then I provided my OneDrive credential, the shared App opened. And once the credential was provided, as long as the connection with OneDrive was not deleted, the next time I opened the shared App, the shared App can be opened without providing credential again. So credentials for a shared App are needed in the first time your users open it.

And also, if your user already has a connection with OneDrive (for example) in his PowerApps, when he opens the App (which is connecting to OneDrive) you shared with him, he would not need to provide credential but just select the “Allow” can open the App.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

So, if the user I share with, does not have an AzureBlob account .He can still say allow? 

I just checked. The user is being asked to "signin in" and the "allow" button is disabled. 

I realized I gave the user "can edit" permission and may be thats why its asking for credentials. 

I gave the user "can use" permission only and the app still asks for the AzureBlob credentials.   

There is no way the user can aces that app and no point in sharing at this point. 

hngdev
Resolver II
Resolver II

To get your shared app work, you have to share both access to the app itself and the data source. Keep in mind that PowerApps is meant for Business apps so that people using the apps must have access to the apps and the data sources.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,181)