cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

App with Multiple Data

New to power Apps and I have managed to create simple apps connected to a MYSQL single table, but now im trying to get a bit more advanced.

I have 2 tables (below) one table has a Unique ID which is the PERSID and the other table is a list of bookings. There may be lots of occurances with the same PERSID in the second table.

I'm trying to create a simple app with below in a browse gallery. When I click on the person i get a detailed form with the persons name and the bookings they have had. 

I'm sure this is simple but struggling. If someone can point me in the direction of the best formulas to use to achive this.

PERSIDFORENAMESURNAME 
29IanJones 
55FredBloggs 
43JoyJones 

RESIDPERSIDBOOKINGDATE
129PT01/08/2017
229Induction03/08/2017
329PT05/08/2017
455PT05/08/2017
543Induction10/08/2017
655PT

11/08/2017

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @andycreigh,

If the persons names and the bookings are not in the same SQL table, then I'm afraid that you need to have 2 data sources in this app and  you cannot have both data sources shown in one DisplayForm. You might need to do this with 2 display forms.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

2 Data sources is fine.

Have managed to get both into the App need a way of building the join between the 2 tables on the PERSID.

and for the reservation form to just show the data of the person i have selected.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (65,757)