Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TMJ
Level: Power Up

App won't launch in run mode

Hi Folks,

We've encountered an issue where opening our app in run/preview mode (was previously working fine for a few weeks) suddenly stopped working.  If opening the same app in edit mode (both on the web and desktop client), and then clicking the preview button then lets the application work fine.  On IOS, because there's no option to open in edit mode then preview, it won't launch at all.

Here's the session information:

Session ID: 1f2f079e-b5d2-f1b7-c040-0f28b901a62c, that came with the following error:

"Didn't Install.  This app didn't update correctly.  Please try again". 

I've confirmed this on a Windows 10 and IOS platform (IOS 10.3, IPad Air), as well as with another user who had appropriate access to the app as well to eliminate my account being the issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Power Apps Staff davidme
Power Apps Staff

Re: App won't launch in run mode

Hi Tim,

I'm really sorry to learn about your poor experience here. We believe we've identified the problem with your particular app and fixed the problem on our end. Could you try again and confirm whether you are now unblocked?

Also, for anyone else encountering this issue, or in case you hit it again before we get a permanent fix released, please publish an update to the app so that a new revision is created (e.g. you could add and remove a button or make any no-op change, save, and then publish), and then that should also get you past this issue.

Thanks and regards

-David Messner

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Power Apps Staff davidme
Power Apps Staff

Hi Tim,

I'm really sorry to learn about your poor experience here. We believe we've identified the problem with your particular app and fixed the problem on our end. Could you try again and confirm whether you are now unblocked?

Also, for anyone else encountering this issue, or in case you hit it again before we get a permanent fix released, please publish an update to the app so that a new revision is created (e.g. you could add and remove a button or make any no-op change, save, and then publish), and then that should also get you past this issue.

Thanks and regards

-David Messner

View solution in original post

TMJ

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply.  I've re-tested and ran into the same issue.  I then loaded up the app in 'edit' mode, added and removed and button and saved the changes as described below so it shows a last modified time of about 1 minute ago.  It still errors in the same way the original comment described.  I've tested from the desktop client and web with the same results (haven't tested on another account), both on Windows 10.

• Session ID: 380272b9-3f78-c5cd-a770-5085d649202f (my Windows Desktop client) with the exact same error message below. 
  • Session ID: 80635756-332e-2915-65a7-5c42cd24a64f (my IPhone 7, on IOS 10.3) with a different error:
    Encountered internal server error. The tracking Id is '8674aac5-2746-471d-a790-26a527768cdc'

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

TMJ

Hey David,

Sorry spoke too soon.  I hadn't published the app which seems to be why we got those errors and just finally noted the "(unpublished)" at the top of the screen.  Thanks for the help.

Tim

Power Apps Staff davidme
Power Apps Staff

Thanks for confirming, Tim. Again, apologies for the inconvenience this issue has caused you. Thanks for reporting the issue and for your patience in working with us to get you a resolution.

Regards

-David Messner

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,357)