Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
indhaa
Super User
Super User

App working in the Preview but not when I run the app

Hi,

i have been working on this for two day now thinking this was an issue with my code. So it was working correctly before but it stopped working now. I did some changes and I thought it was because of that. But don't think so now.

So in my App, External user will request to create user account. So they can submit with the same request for VPN access or/and to create Firewall access too.

So in one screen I have two forms for External and VPN and on the second screen the Firewall form. So It will first show Screen 1 and if Firewall required, it will go to screen 2 and when user click on the submit button it will submit the Firewall Form and based on the success it will submit External Form and on the success of it will check some variables and if True will submit VPN Form. So it is updating Firewall Form and External Form correctly. In VPN Form, it is updating all fields correctly except two fields which it is returning null value. In the App preview it is working correctly but when I run the App it is sending blank value to the field.

So these two fields supposed to provide LastSubmit.ID of Firewall Form and External Form. I thought it was issue with the variable glitching but if that is the case all the fields should be blank and also it shouldn't work perfectly on the App preview, right?

On External Form OnSuccess Property  If(varVPN, Submit(VPNForm); Patches etc;);

Set(varVPN,false); 

Set(varFirewall,false)

So VPN Form External ID default property is "ExternalForm.LastSubmit.ID"

Firewall ID default property is "If(varFirewall, Firewall.LastSubmit.ID, Blank())"

So on External Form. it is also updating the last submit ID of Firewall Form ID correctly and I'm using patch to update the last submit ID of VPN Form to External Form and Firewall Form with no issues.

Also on Screen 1, user can only create an account or with VPN too without Firewall access. So if you click submit on screen 1 , it is updating the VPN Form SP list with External ID with no issue, But if it is with Firewall access, it is returning null value to this field,   

Hope my explanation is not too confusing. Any idea what is the issue?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,611)