cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AMicSys
Frequent Visitor

Appchecker runtime errors for dropdown fields in Edit and Display forms

I have a canvas app with a couple of edit and display forms connected to a SharePoint Data source. The Items property of these dropdown boxes are set to Choices(SPListName.ColumnName). The column referenced are choice columns in SharePoint with single select or multi select.

Whenever I open the app for editing, the Appchecker displays as many runtime errors as the number of dropdown controls I have in the edit and display forms. To resolve the issue, I will have to navigate to the Items property of each of the dropdown control, click on the formula bar and select the appropriate column in the Autosuggest dropdown.

It is annoying to go through this exercise every time I try to edit the app. Appreciate any help to get this resolved. 

2 REPLIES 2
CNT
Super User
Super User

@AMicSys I don't seem to get any errors. Anyway, what is the Error you are getting?

AMicSys
Frequent Visitor

All it says is that "The data source supplied to the function is invalid.". But it is not. As I said, all I need to fix is click on the formula bar once and click outside the formula bar and it resolves itself. But I have to do this for each and every dropdown in my edit/display forms. I have 28 of them.issue1.pngissue2.pngissue3.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (3,698)