cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MP4249
Helper II
Helper II

Append Comments using Patch function - how to make appended values bold (timestamp, username) ?

Hi,

I am using a solution to allow users to add case notes to a screen in my powerapp.

The below code is working great and adds the user name and timestamp - is there any way to make these elements bold?

I tried <b> </b> but does not work.

atch(RequestUse_1,GalleryUsage.Selected,{CaseNotes:GalleryUsage.Selected.CaseNotes&Char(13)&Char(13)&User().FullName&" - "&Text(Now(),"[$-en-GB]mm/dd/yyyy")&Char(13)&CaseNotes});Reset(CaseNotes)

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @MP4249 

Wrapping those elements inside a <b> block should make those elements bold, assuming that you're displaying your case notes in an HTML Text control. Could you confirm that you're using an HTML Text control to display your case notes?

Patch(RequestUse_1,
      GalleryUsage.Selected,
      {CaseNotes:GalleryUsage.Selected.CaseNotes & "<b>" & 
                 Char(13) & Char(13) & User().FullName & " - " & 
                 Text(Now(),"[$-en-GB]mm/dd/yyyy") & Char(13) & CaseNotes & 
                 "</b>"
      }
);
Reset(CaseNotes)

@timl 

Hi,

No the case notes are just being displayed via the data card of the list form viewer...

Thanks

Hi @MP4249 

If you're using the form/data card control, could you set your case notes field to use the rich text control? That should hopefully solve your problem. You can do this by selecting your Form, clicking the Field > edit link,  and selecting the Control Type dropdown against your case notes field.

image.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,218)