Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Append Excel Data in to SharePoint List Using PowerApp

Hello,

I am building an app where we have used a SharePoint list at the backend. User will go and enter the data in to Form Screen and the data will get added. However we have a historical data in excel format from different department. I want to provide a functionality in the PowerApp itself that the end user should upload the excel file and the data should be appended to the base SharePoint List.

How can we do that?

Regards,

Akshay

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Resolver III
Resolver III

hi there

just curious, why not upload historical data to SharePoint using SharePoint's Import Spreadsheet App?

You could use powerapps to upload excel to a library (1) and have power automate (2) populate the SharePoint list from Excel. This will work if all the departments use the same column headers (template) to upload their data.

regards,

Highlighted

@AkshayManke 

Agreed with @rubin_boer.  Don’t waste time building a feature you will only use once.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted

Hi @rubin_boer@mdevaney,

Yes Import sheets option can be used for this purpose, however it creates a new list every time, whereas i want the excel data to be appended in to an existing list. 

That is the reason i was searching for an option (if available) to append the data from PowerApps.

Appreciate if you could suggest a better way to do that.

Regards,

Highlighted

@AkshayManke 

You can use Quick Edit mode in SharePoint, copy data from the Excel sheet and paste it into the SharePoint list.  Doing this you can insert multiple rows at once.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted

Hello @rubin_boer & @mdevaney 

I gone through the options suggested by you both.

As suggested by Rubin, when we import an excel file in to a list, it creating a new list everytime, but what I need is I want the excel data to be appended to an existing list which is not happening.

As mdevaney suggested I tried adding 100 records but seems the sharepoint site hangs and I didn't get the data, I tried with Edge, IE, Chrome and Mozilla. It is not working in either ways.

Hence I would request both if you can share more options to integrate that with PowerApps.

Another reason to use PowerApps is, I would having multiple users who would be uploading the data each week, (this is a different requirement). So this activity is going to happen very frequently. Hence we are looking for a solution where user can get an simple interface using PowerApps.

Appreciate if you can help with suggestions.

Thanks,

Akshay

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,966)