Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colbyc
Helper III
Helper III

Appended Changes to exisiting text dissapearing

Hello,

I have a Sharepoint List form that has implemented the solution found in below linked video, where users make an entry to a Text Box (will call this Box A) on Screen 1, and upon saving, the entry in that text box is appended to another screen in the app. This second screen (Screen 2) is supposed to hold every entry made. Currently, if the user makes any change on the Screen 1, and one of the changes is an entry to Box A, Box A's contents correctly are appended to Screen 2. However, if a user makes changes to Screen 1 but doesn't enter anything in the Box A, all prior entries on Screen 2 are erased. I can still see every entry when looking at the list item's details pane, but in the form everything is erased. Any idea why this might be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzLEecSpmFo

14 REPLIES 14

@colbyc ,

This is one of those times that it is necessary to debug it by following the values as you process the transition. I cannot do it from here. I suspect something is resetting your values during the screen transition process. You are saying that the data card has the right values, but the HTML does not, even when it has the same Default value. Try setting a Variable based on the box value before you change screens and then have that as the alternate value on the HTML Box.

I am simply giving you ideas here - this is not a coding problem (you have the right code), rather than a tracing exercise on values changing.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

colbyc
Helper III
Helper III

@WarrenBelz 

To clarify, the Html does have the right value sometimes. It is only when the text input isn't populated that the value clears. If there is an entry, the new entry shows up in the HTML along with the old entry, and it shows up before I hit submit (since the value is equal to value of the Rich Text Box, which is equal to the new entry + old entries). Whenever the HTML has a value, it matches the value of the Rich Text Editor and vise versa.

I tried changing the Update value of the HTML's DataCard but that didn't help either.

@colbyc ,

So back to a few posts ago - ThisItem.'Work Log' is not resolving on the HTML box. 

Part of debugging is eliminating things - put a plan text box (not HTML) with the same settings (in Default instead of HtmlText) and see if it works.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

colbyc
Helper III
Helper III

Hey @WarrenBelz 

I went back to an older version of the app and then implemented your code and it worked. Thank you!

One issue that did arise is that immediately upon entering your code, while the form is working, its displaying as extremely zoomed in when opened in Sharepoint. I opened the version directly before I made changes, saved, and opened and it appeared correctly, the change only happens after entering new code to the Default. Is this something you've heard of at all happening or a known bug?

Thanks

Colby

@colbyc ,

Sounds like a bug - there are no settings that would have that effect.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,194)