cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksagert
Frequent Visitor

Appending Comments work around?

Hi Everyone

I understand that appending changes multi line text boxes arent currently supported in Powerapps, but I had an idea about a work around but I just wasn't sure how (or if it was possible) to implement. 

• Create a multi line text box in sharepoint list.  (not setup to append changes)
  • Create powerapp with multi line text box. 
  • User types text in text box in power app. 
  • Powerapp takes text from text box and deposits it in the sharepoint list. 
  • Next time user goes into the power app and types and submits new comment text, it is inserted into the same sharepoint list field at the very beginning. 

Is a work around like this fiesable? 

21 REPLIES 21
Delid4ve
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Just change my datasources and fields for your own.

This is what i do with SQL server.

Maybe you can utilise

I'm getting a json error in "Send an HTTP request to SharePoint step". What's the error here?

the Uri: should come inside the URI field. I see u have also added URI with the rest. Remove the URI and try.

Hi @Eben98 , hope all is well!

Would like to know your advice regarding the issue I'm encountering with the Apply to each action:

kristinamariz_0-1596630261289.png

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right:

kristinamariz_1-1596630299393.png

Kindly advise. Thanks!

Hi @kristinamariz ,
I followed this link and i did.
https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/display-appended-comments-version-history-from-sharepoint-list...

I replied to person question. He put the Uri. inside the text field along with the link. So check if u had done tat.on1.PNG

Hi @Eben98 , this is noted. Would like to know what ID did you use on your powerapps? Am I correct that I used the Gallery. Selected.ID for the ID?

kristinamariz_0-1596633412316.png

Kindly advise. Thankie!

Hi @kristinamariz ,
Yes, you are. 
If you want to append comment to a particular ID, what you used is correct.

this is for the last ID. if u had submitted a req and u want to get the last ID of that req. 
Suppose if you get any delegation warning. Store your data in a collection and then use MAX( collectionName, ID).
and then send ur data to share point.

Hi @Eben98 , this is noted! One last question, I was able to make it work but there are comments that are null. Would like to know if you have condition that if the comment is empty, it will not display as blank on the html text.

kristinamariz_0-1596635793276.png

Hopeful for your advise. Thankie!

hi @kristinamariz 

For that i think we shoud use javascript. 

i m not very sure . But, In your case, you can just choose the no of counts you want to show. I mean sth like the no of times you want to show.
something option will be in properties. Like the wrap count similar like tat it will be. check and see. This is wat I can say.
Regards,
Eben.

Ram3
Microsoft
Microsoft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzLEecSpmFo

I followed the linked YouTube tutorial and worked perfectly. No need of JAVA Scripts or advanced coding...

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (15,273)