cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vmakker
Frequent Visitor

Appending values to a dependent dropdown based on multiple selection dropdown

Hi, 

I have a SharePoint list with two columns (name and email), and two dropdowns that use the list as its source:

1. Name: Parent

2. Email: A disabled dropdown where the value updates based on the name in the parent

It worked well when the requirement was to select one entry in the parent dropdown. However, now the requirement has changed to allow the user to select multiple names. What I would like to do is have the emails of the team members be appended as multiple members are selected. How would I do that?

Thank you for all the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @vmakker ,

Items of your second drop-down should be

Ungroup(
   ForAll(
      YourCBName.SelectedItems As aSel,
      Filter(
         SPListName,
         Name = aSel.Name
      ).Email
   ),
   "Value"
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

MVP (Business Applications)   Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
cha_cha
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hello @vmakker 

If it was my requirement, I'd say make both a ComboBox first and make them a multi-choice

cha_cha_0-1670034825602.png

Disable the allow searching to avoid that warning icon. 

Scenario A: Both name & email are in the same list. I will update ComboBox2 (Email)'s DefaultSelectedItems property to:

ComboBox1.SelectedItems

cha_cha_1-1670035078724.png

Scenario B: Both name & email are in a different list but have "Name" as the same field. I will update ComboBox2 (Email)'s DefaultSelectedItems property to:

Filter('Test 6',Name in Filter(ComboBox1.SelectedItems,true).Name)

cha_cha_2-1670035407072.png

This scenario will show a warning symbol.

Since I have limited info, that is how I would do it. But definitely, there are better practices for this.

✔️
Just in case you think my answer helped you solve your problem, please mark this as a SOLUTION.   This helps community members if they experience a similar issue in the future.

🔗
  🕸  bistek.space  🐦 @cha_bistek  📺  @BisTekSpace 

👤
Hello, I'm still new to Power Platform (since May 2022 👶) but I'm really glad whenever I can help. The more I help, the more I learn.  I sometimes record my answers via my channel. I have limited spare time so will only do for ones that can be done in a short period. If my answers/interpretations are wrong, please correct me.

Just in case you my answer helped you solve your problem, please mark/accept this as a SOLUTION This helps community members if they experience a similar issue in the future.

bistek.space   @cha_bistek    @BisTekSpace 

Scenario A is more relevant to me, so I tried that one. When I did it, it just loaded the names.

Hi @vmakker ,

Items of your second drop-down should be

Ungroup(
   ForAll(
      YourCBName.SelectedItems As aSel,
      Filter(
         SPListName,
         Name = aSel.Name
      ).Email
   ),
   "Value"
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

MVP (Business Applications)   Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,692)