Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Application CDS data access issue users

Hi ,

I have created a Canvas application which data source is a CDS. I deployed application on Staging environment with two different solution. one is contain App and second solution contain only CDS entity. To access application we created one security group and 3 users assign to that security group.

I also created one role which contain application's entities. which have "Created priviliages on Entity(name) is set to bussiness unit" access. refer (USERACCESS.png)

The problem is here, user can access application but data is not displaying in application.

However when we tried to give access to user individual level instead on Security group , he is able to access data and application.

Please suggest where we missing steps for security group access.
Please note two user have trial version.  please confirm if trial version user can access application and any other issue can restrict to access app.

Regards,

Lalit Kadam

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Application CDS data access issue users

Hi @Lalit_Kadam :

The role of setting up the Security group is to allow specified users to access the environment.

If you want to give users access to certain data, you need to give users a security role.

I think these links will help you a lot:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/control-user-access

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/create-users-assign-online-security-roles

Best Regards,

Bof

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,592)