cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Application Doesn't Display any Data When Connecting to Power BI Dataset

I've connected a power app to a power BI dataset and everything works fine when I view the app through Power BI. However, If I try to launch the app on its own, everything breaks. Is there a way to fix this, or is there another way to connect to a dataset? The Power BI app for android leaves much to be desired and I'd rather just make my own Power App.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Application Doesn't Display any Data When Connecting to Power BI Dataset

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you mean that your app works good when be embed in powerbi, but not work in PowerApps?

When your app is embed in powerbi, it will connect with powerbi automatically. You could see the app is called powerbiintegration  by default. It is different from a standalone app.

While when you design a standalone app, if you want to display data in powerbi, you could only use powerbi tile.

You just need to insert a powerbi tile, choose the powerbi dataset that you want.

Here's a doc about this control for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-power-bi-tile

If you connect with powerbi in powerapps, for now, this server only supports two actions:

1)add rows to dataset

2)refresh dataset

Displaying data is not included.

Here's a doc about this connector in powerapps for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/powerbi/

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Application Doesn't Display any Data When Connecting to Power BI Dataset

Okay, I thought that if I designed it in PowerBI I could still launch it as a PowerBI app. My solution thus far has been to create a tile from the app and embed the tile into a separate PowerApp.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,384)