cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Milut1n
Regular Visitor

Apply specific value to new page with navigate

Hello everyone,
how I use "Navigate" to just call any page is clear so far.
But what I need is a bit more complicated for me.
On one page I have overview page with my goals.
On another page I want to display only one goal, which I have selected from the previous page.

Milut1n_0-1657194069280.png

Page 1 - Gallery Name: Gallery_Oben_SCC.Selected

Page 2 Name: Workspace Goal ID

Goal ID is helper form first Gallery (other fields are also helper)

Since Goal ID must be taken over with, how can I do something like that?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.
Milutin

First Solution:

On Select (Gallery 1) :
Set(VarGoalsId;Gallery_Oben_SCC.Selected.Helper_Goals_ID);;
Navigate('Workspace Goal ID';None)

In 2nd Gallery:
Label = LookUp(SBZiele;ID = VarGoalsId).ID

Are there better ways to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amol-Kavnekar
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Milut1n,

You can use of third parameter of Navigate function, Which is used to pass values to the new screen.

Navigate( Details, ScreenTransition.Fade, { ID: 12 , Shade: Color.Red } )

Displays the Details screen with a Fade transition. Updates the value of the ID context variable to 12, and updates the value of the Shade context variable to Color.Red. 

Also you can find the detailed example here -https://piyushksingh.com/2018/08/28/powerapps-pass-argument-to-another-screen/

Regards

Amol Kavnekar

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Amol-Kavnekar
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Milut1n,

You can use of third parameter of Navigate function, Which is used to pass values to the new screen.

Navigate( Details, ScreenTransition.Fade, { ID: 12 , Shade: Color.Red } )

Displays the Details screen with a Fade transition. Updates the value of the ID context variable to 12, and updates the value of the Shade context variable to Color.Red. 

Also you can find the detailed example here -https://piyushksingh.com/2018/08/28/powerapps-pass-argument-to-another-screen/

Regards

Amol Kavnekar

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

Thank a lot 😃

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,100)