cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcAbri
Frequent Visitor

Applying an expanding menu to responsive containers

Hi! I'm trying to apply a hamburger icon which upon clicking it, an expanding menu will display (this is all within a component). How can I apply it to a responsive layout, of which I have a horizontal container? At the top pf the screen is a header component, and I want to place the the menu component at the top left on top of the header component, but of course it pushes everything else out of the way. Is it possible to get this working in a responsive layout, where the menu will overlay the other containers?  Thank you in advance for any help!

4 REPLIES 4
seedat

Hi. I am trying to do this as well. If I place the burger menu in the top left corner of the header container, it does not show when expanded. As the OP asked, is there a way to make it overlay the main container?

mcAbri
Frequent Visitor

Hi seedat, I have got this to work now - you need to put the burger menu outside of the container, just above it in the tree view.  🙂

Hi mcAbri. Thanks. I have done the same but was hoping there is a way to keep it in the header container. Looks like there isn't.

mcAbri
Frequent Visitor

I was hoping the same as it would make far better best practice 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (4,090)