cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skitzer1985
Frequent Visitor

Applying multiple Displaymode conditions on single button

Hi,

Hope someone can help me out. I'm trying to apply a Conditional Format on a button based on 2 different conditions at two different times.

Scenario: We use this window to manage and track repairs to assembled products.

Skitzer1985_0-1660692210559.png

This is the window. The theory behind the window is that the "Start Repair" button does not enter into Edit Mode unless the Batch Number/Purchase Order Text box is filled out, The "Start Repair" button will turn Green. This is done by a simple IF condition:

If(
!IsBlank(BatchNumber),
DisplayMode.Edit,
DisplayMode.Disabled)

Skitzer1985_1-1660692573226.png

Once this button is Green, they can then start the Timer, and this creates and holds a variable until the "Finish Repair" button is pressed and this writes to a sharepoint list. What I'm wanting to do is that once this variable is created, that this button Grey's out.

I thought something like:

If(
!IsBlank(BatchNumber),
DisplayMode.Edit,
DisplayMode.Disabled

||

(local_Variable.RepairRequired=true),

DisplayMode.Disabled,

Displaymode.Edit)

But this isn't have the expected results as I thought, as the Finish and Pause buttons are enabling, but the Start Repair is also staying enabled.

I am most likely completely off base on this, and would appreciated some help in figuring this one out.

Thank you for your consideration in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Roverandom
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

hmmm... I don't quite understand what you need. It would be nice if you could provide the codes for each button to get a general idea. Another thing, I imagine that the buttons that are in gray are disabled, correct?
Anyway, what little I could understand, I imagine you can try like this:

If(
    Or(
        IsBlank(BatchNumber),
        local_Variable.RepairRequired // If this variable is true/false and you want to test if it is true, it is not necessary to put '=true'
    ),
    DisplayMode.Disabled,
    DisplayMode.Edit
)

Hi! I hope I was helpfull. Please always mark the answer that helped you, so others who need it will find it faster.

Roverandom is a book by J.R.R Tolkien. I'm a big fan of his works and as Frodo, Aragorn or Gollum are already widely used, I decided to use this nickname.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Roverandom
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

hmmm... I don't quite understand what you need. It would be nice if you could provide the codes for each button to get a general idea. Another thing, I imagine that the buttons that are in gray are disabled, correct?
Anyway, what little I could understand, I imagine you can try like this:

If(
    Or(
        IsBlank(BatchNumber),
        local_Variable.RepairRequired // If this variable is true/false and you want to test if it is true, it is not necessary to put '=true'
    ),
    DisplayMode.Disabled,
    DisplayMode.Edit
)

Hi! I hope I was helpfull. Please always mark the answer that helped you, so others who need it will find it faster.

Roverandom is a book by J.R.R Tolkien. I'm a big fan of his works and as Frodo, Aragorn or Gollum are already widely used, I decided to use this nickname.
Skitzer1985
Frequent Visitor

That worked perfectly. Thank you heaps. Been scratching my head for days on that!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,524)