Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sr12
Helper III
Helper III

Approval Flow

Hello,

I have a leave request application and the data source is a an excel table from OneDrive for business. I would like to make an approval flow where if a new record (request) is added to the excel sheet it will ask for an approval from the manager, so how can I do that?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sr12,

Do you want to request an approval based on a new record added in an excel sheet storing in OneDrive?

Could you please tell me that if there is necessary for you end users to use the OneDrive?

Normally, we user a SharePoint list to create a new request to trigger the approval. OneDrive is not a good choice for you. OneDrive could only capture the properties which mean you could only know if a file storing in the OneDrive modified. You could not capture a specific record status, that's the limit of the Excel table.

So, if you want to use an Excel table storing in the OneDrive to trigger approval, I am afraid there is no way to achieve this currently in PowerAutomate.

As an alternative solution, I think you could try the SharePoint connector. Here is a similar thread where you could check how you trigger the approval using the SP list:

Solved: Re: SharePoint list flow - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Hope it could help you at some degree.

Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,983)