cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmw1130
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Approver with an Alternate Approver

I have a Person field and using the Office365Users to populate a particular person.  It is possible to set this field dynamically depending on if another user (2nd approver) is logged in?  So if User A opens the App their name will be the approver and will be able to see the Checkbox and record their name as the Approver or if User B opens the App, then the same thing.

I want to do this dynamically in the event the 2 Approvers Change.  Should I use a 2nd list for the 2 approvers or can I use an OR in the DefaultSelectedItems logic?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

3 REPLIES 3
kylzbaba
Resolver I
Resolver I

If I get you, there are assigned users and each different job descriptions. User a is approver 1 and user B is approver 2. But you would like to have a situation where the approvers can be changed and the system can tell? So the solution will be to either have default share point list that you can update from time to time to maintain the approvers or you use environmental variables that are available you when you package your app as a solution. With environmental variables you can update values within the app without needed to manually go in and change them. 

@kylzbaba For instance Approver A is the Main Approver, and Approver B is the Alternate.  Approver B can approve (I have a yes/no toggle and then date is set when saved if Approver A is not available.  Whoever approves I want that name to be displayed in the Approver Field and saved with the record.

This will help you figure out how to dynamically patch the person field.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Patch-to-a-sharepoint-Person-Column-with-onl...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,179)