cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MSLtd
Regular Visitor

Apps disappear from the list while offline

I have developed apps that should be usable in remote areas with poor connection. However, when I set my phone to plane mode, the apps disappear from the list so I can't even open them.

Last year, when I was opening an app there was a "downloading" warning when an new version of the app was published, this warning doesn't show anymore that's why I think that the apps aren't download anymore on the phone and doesn't show in the list while offline. 

I'm using android, is there an option to turn on the download so that I can continue to use apps while offline ?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Apps disappear from the list while offline

Hi @MSLtd ,

I cannot reproduce your issue. Could you please test on another Andriod phone and iOS phone? 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
JesusAguirre19 Advocate I
Advocate I

Yes i have the same issue, when put my phone offline the apps disappear from the list so I can't even open them.

Is there any solution?

Regards

@v-monli-msft @MSLtd 

JoaoN Advocate II
Advocate II

Where is the awnser for that? This is a big trouble to offline users. Actually, this is a disaster.

I am with the same issue. Just can not work with app anymore. I am using some A4 paper now =\

PowerApps version: 3.20024.17 (Android)
Super User
Super User

I reported the same issue yesterday on the Forums. Looks like a couple other people are reporting it as well. 

Rob_LVT
Frequent Visitor

I know this is an older post, but I just ran into this issue and I haven't found anybody who has provided a resolution yet.

This can be fixed on Android devices by navigating to your device's permissions and enabling "Storage" permissions to Power Apps. It seems that IOS automatically grants access, but it did not on my Android (I tested on both iPhone 6S and Samsung Galaxy 8+). Enabling this resolved the issue on my device. Hope this helps.

JoaoN Advocate II
Advocate II

@Rob_LVT  man, I think you solve this issue!! For some reason, I think just after an update, the permissions is changed. After my original post here, I updated my app and my Offline Apps was ok.

But now, I just do what you recommend and I do not know why but all permissions were off!!! I turned it On again and offline apps were ok now!!

Please Microsoft Team, give @Rob_LVT a reward!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,053)