cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Apps resize when Navigation Bar is visible on Windows 10 Mobile

When running a PowerApps app on Windows 10 Mobile, if the Navigation Bar is hidden the app fills the entire screen... this is what is expected.

However, when the Navigation Bar is visible, the app resizes to fit the 'shorter' space leaving a gap on the sides and not filling the entire width of the screen.

The Navigation Bar may 'get in the way' of certain buttons/information depending on the app layout, but speaking for myself, I would much prefer the app to fill the full width of the screen at all times.

See the below screen shots (Lumia 950 XL)...

wp_ss_20161110_0001.pngwp_ss_20161110_0002.png

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Thanks for reporting, Michael.  Does this issue go away if you unlock the aspect ratio in the app settings while editing the app? 

Highlighted

Just tested it out... when the aspect ratio is unlocked, the app fills the entire screen, albeit slightly disorted due to the shorter usable screen length when the Navigation Bar is visible.

This partially solves the problem for now.

I've used a few different phones, but I am not sure how many have 'on screen' navigation bars (that can be hidden), so this particular 'issue' may just apply to the 950/950 XL?

Personally I'd like the app to not take the Navigation Bar into account when calculating screen dimensions, that way the user can opt to have the Navigation Bar visible or not visible based on their choice. Obviously for a non 16:9 aspect ratio app on a 950 XL with the apsect ratio locked, there will be black bars/empty space on either side or top/bottom (depending on the app aspect ratio), but I still wouldn't want the Naviation Bar to affect the way the app renders on the screen. .

There may be mixed opinions on this though.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,558)