cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryleybauer
Resolver II
Resolver II

Are Custom Pages embedded within a Model-Driven app usable by AD Guests?

Hello everyone, 

I'm just finishing my project with a few custom pages and when testing with an Azure AD Guest, it gets stuck in a sign in loop. 

I have tested creating an empty model driven app with only the built in dynamics dashboard, and my test guest can access that page of the MD app, but when I click on the custom page, it throws one of the three errors (3x sign in loop, then not logged in or environment not found).

I tested this with a blank custom page and with a blank custom page with a single label, so I have confirmed it doesn't appear to be data source related. I have also tested this in 2 different tenants. 

I'm wondering if this is a bug that isn't on the known issues list? I really hope I can sort this out, my app is otherwise finished lol 

2415919107 - "User is not logged in"

2415919107 - "ServiceToServiceEnvironmentNotFound"

ryleybauer_0-1640047922459.png

ryleybauer_1-1640047922401.png

ryleybauer_2-1640047922479.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ryleybauer
Resolver II
Resolver II

Note, after some further testing and escalation to Microsoft, we discovered that PowerApps are not accessible to non-organizational guests at all. I've developed Power Apps for a few years now, never had I read the FAQ section from the "Start a trial" documentation page, which specifies that gmail, etc. is blocked from Power Apps. 
Hopefully with the new push for Pay-as-you-go that MS can enable guests for PowerApps in the same way personal accounts can be members of groups, teams or sites. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ryleybauer ,

Please clear the browser cache and try again. If the issue persists, please raise a ticket:

https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

ryleybauer
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hello @v-jefferni , 
Thanks for the response! I am away from the office but I can submit a ticket once I get back. As I had tested this with multiple tenants, empty apps, and all incognito/cleared cache, I was worried this is an unreported issue but I will work with support to confirm if you think it should be working. 

ryleybauer
Resolver II
Resolver II

Note, after some further testing and escalation to Microsoft, we discovered that PowerApps are not accessible to non-organizational guests at all. I've developed Power Apps for a few years now, never had I read the FAQ section from the "Start a trial" documentation page, which specifies that gmail, etc. is blocked from Power Apps. 
Hopefully with the new push for Pay-as-you-go that MS can enable guests for PowerApps in the same way personal accounts can be members of groups, teams or sites. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,190)