cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Are Entity Relationship fields broken?

Anytime I try and add a lookup relationship field to an entity, it will work for about 2 minutes, then completely stop, or just not work at all. If I add multiple relationships to an entity (i.e. WorkOrder Entity will have Account, Office, Technician Relationships) sometimes none of them work....or 1 will work 1 second, then another will work another....this is so frustrating.

I make sure to change the Display and Search Fields to 'name' rather than the default _label. 

I can see the number of items in the dropdown seems to be correct, but they are just blank.

I'm just trying to add "Out of the box" relationship fields.....and it's making me want to pull my hair out.

This is causing considerable loss in time in our development and would very much appreciate any help.

Thank you in advance for anyon's help!

- Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: Are Entity Relationship fields broken?

So we had a developer find a workaround solution this morning. Had to wrap the default Lookup field 'Choices' function in a Sort. This seemed to have fixed the issue and correctly show data from the correct Entity. 

Default: Choices('FCO Offices'.cr4c8_FCOCountry)

Resolved: Sort(Choices('FCO Offices'._FCOCountry), _countryname)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

@mcollins sorry to hear that. I believe you are seeing a known issue that we are actively working on. Will share an update as soon as I have one.

Thanks

Anees

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I also had the same problem. I was using Lookup formula to get a specific result and the formua had no errors but it was taking enormous amount of time to get ther result. You will have to manipulate other formulas like search, filter,first . Working with other formulas worked for me.

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi Matt, I am assuming this is CDS 2.0 data source, can you provide some information as to when the lookups stop working? Is it during authoring or in player (after publish) or both?  Also, if it's during authoring can you tell me if the table schema is being changed and if that co-incides with the problem?

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Jeremy_Rodgers

Yes sir, this is with CDS 2.0. The lookups will randomly work/not work upon authoring, but will completely explode after the project is saved, then the page is refreshed. I can fix the random errors simply by backspacing a few letters in the data source and hitting 'tab' to re-populate with the same syntax (Which leads me to think that it's somehow caching an incorrect data source).

The one that baffles me is the 'empty rows' within lookups. 

The strangest issue we have is a scenario where we have an 'FCO Site' custom Entity. Within this Entity we have 4 relationship lookups (Currency, Sales Tax, Timezone, Rate Sheets)

I provided a SS that shows my available options for Primary Text within the Currency lookup coming from 'Rate Sheet' which is a completely different Lookup. This causes my options within that dropdown to be blank rows, regardless of what I change the Primary Text field to. 

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

So we had a developer find a workaround solution this morning. Had to wrap the default Lookup field 'Choices' function in a Sort. This seemed to have fixed the issue and correctly show data from the correct Entity. 

Default: Choices('FCO Offices'.cr4c8_FCOCountry)

Resolved: Sort(Choices('FCO Offices'._FCOCountry), _countryname)

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,438)