cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are Lookup Fields Broken at the moment?

Hello all, 

I am having a good deal of trouble with many of my Entity lookup fields. They all come through empty or they will work for a short time, then just stop. Account seems to always work, but any time that I have a custom Entity and try to create a relationship to that entity, the corresponding form field dropdown never shows the appropriate data. 

I always make sure to change the Displayfield and Searchfield to my 'name' field as opposed to the default _label, but it still doesn't seem to work.

Finally, starting just yesterday, I added a standard on-to-many relationship and I get an error stating it requires a table and record value?

What am I doing wrong here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

So we had a developer find a workaround solution this morning. Had to wrap the default Lookup field 'Choices' function in a Sort. This seemed to have fixed the issue and correctly show data from the correct Entity. 

Default: Choices('FCO Offices'.cr4c8_FCOCountry)

Resolved: Sort(Choices('FCO Offices'._FCOCountry), _countryname)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

Could you please share a bit more about the formula that you filled within the Items property of the Combo box control?

Further, could you please show more details about the error message within your app?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:1.JPG

Set the Items property of the Combo box control to following formula:

Employees.new_name

Note: The Employees represents the custom entity in my Dynamics 365, the new_name is a Lookup type column.

Please check if you have provided proper formula within the Items property of the Combo box control. 

More details about the Combo box control in PowerApps, please check the following article:

Combo box control

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-xida-msft

Thank you for your reply. These are default Lookup Relationship fields. For instance: my Currency lookup within my custom 'Sites' entity is

Choices('FCOSites'.cr4c8_TransactionCurrency)

DisplayFields and SearchFields have been changed to ["currencyname"] yet only blank rows come through. Same issue happens with all 4 other lookup fields within this entity. 

I also have very strange issue, where the one lookup field will steal the field properties of a completely isolated relationship (Please see screenshot)

It seems to be spotty on when this occurs and when it doesn't. I have simple custom entities that I have created with 1 lookup with the same config and it works fine. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

So we had a developer find a workaround solution this morning. Had to wrap the default Lookup field 'Choices' function in a Sort. This seemed to have fixed the issue and correctly show data from the correct Entity. 

Default: Choices('FCO Offices'.cr4c8_FCOCountry)

Resolved: Sort(Choices('FCO Offices'._FCOCountry), _countryname)

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Apps User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (44,627)