cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suneel16in

Are there any Performance testing tools suggested for applications developed using PowerApps framework

We are building applications using MS PowerApps framework, we would like to know are there any tools which supports Performance testing of this framework for each of the categories listed below

Load testing: Suggested tool to develop script

End user experience tests: We are looking for suggested tools to capture end user response times (including rendering) from mobile device

4 REPLIES 4
timl
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @suneel16in 

There are no load testing/stress testing tools as far as I'm aware.

You can access the monitoring/testing tools that are available through the advanced tools section.

timl_0-1602500460617.png

The admin analytics will give you aggregated performance reports that includes mobile device information.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/analytics-powerapps

JyotiP126

Thank you so much @timl  for your reply. This helps us to understand the application in better way. I have a quick question on this, the service dashboard which shows the mean response time with the list of the services. The default list is,

• flowmanagement
  • logicflows
  • office365users
  • powerappsforappmakers

Can we changes this list because this will help us to understand the application's performance in a better way. Also it will help us to find the real performance bottlenecks and address them.

For example from my application if I am rendering from one page1(for the shake of argument call it as add_product_page) to page2(check_out_page)? So I will name this service as Product-Checkout-Page. 

Service.JPG

timl
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @JyotiP126 

I don't believe that it is possible to change the items in that list.

Just to confirm, are you actually experiencing any performance problems in your app?

Something else that might be of help is the best practice document, which offers some tips on how to improve performance and to optimise an app.

https://pahandsonlab.blob.core.windows.net/documents/PowerApps%20canvas%20app%20coding%20standards%2...

JyotiP126

Thank you so much @timl for your quick reply,

Actually we are experiencing minor latency in our application, and to help the design team we are on course to find a tool which can exactly tell us the cause of this latency.

So I wanted to check if we can configured something in admin analytics "just like the example above", then we can tell the design team the exact point of performance issue. 

At current also we are exploring if a single user test can help us to identify the issue or not

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,986)