cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aec2018
Microsoft
Microsoft

Are there guidelines or PowerShell scripts to replace dev custom connector strings with prod strings in my unpacked .msapp file?

I have to manually export/import our Canvas app from the dev environment to the prod environment. I have to change the calls to point from our dev Custom Connector to our production Custom Connector before importing to prod. When I unpack the .msapp file and do a cntrl+f in the project for where our dev custom connector is referenced, I'm seeing 56 results in 12 files:

aec2018_1-1664901249474.png

There are obvious places where I can do a simple replace with the name of the custom connector. Are there places I might overlook and not replace? Do I need to recreate this CMTAPI.xml file for our prod Custom Connector? (CMTAPI is our dev Custom Connector). Are there any known scripts that will do all of this for me? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @aec2018 ,

Maybe a slightly different angle to the issue, but environment variables may be the way to go here:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/custom-connectors/environment-variables

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

@BCBuizer, thanks for the info. I was introduced to environment variables recently but there are a few reasons why I don't think they'll work for our situation. We're not creating our custom connector in a solution because from my understanding, solution custom connectors can only give permissions to individual users and not Azure Active Directory Security Groups, which is a requirement for us. Also, I thought from what I read, environment variables only work with Sharepoint data sources? Our custom connector points to our custom API. I'll look more into it, though, and see if I overlooked how these could work for us. Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,756)