cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Arm template trigger from Power app

Hi

I am trying to trigger aem template from Powerapp using AzureResourceManager Connector by using command -

AzureResourceManager.DeploymentsCreateOrUpdate(subscriptionid, resourcegroupname ,deploymentname,{wait:boolean,proprties:record})

I would like to know -
1)Can I create a new resource group , add tag and rbac assignment using arm template with above command?
2)What is deploymentname
3)Whar will be the proprties:record ?Could you provide more details on record.

Second part I want to ask is about "Create or update a template deployment"
ref. from ' https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/arm/#create-or-update-a-template-deployment'

It has Template URI and Parameters URI mandatory but I can't see any such command with ARM connector on powerapp.
5) Can we use this as well?
6) Can I pass URI of github to deploy template?

Regards,
Keen Learner

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Arm template trigger from Power app

Hi @AzureLearner ,

According to the documentation below:

https://www.carlosag.net/PowerApps/Connectors/Azure-Resource-Manager#_Toc6F1EEB3DDeployments_CreateO...

You use below formula to create or update a named resource group template deployment. A template and parameters are expected for the request to succeed.

AzureResourceManager.Deployments_CreateOrUpdate (string subscriptionId, string resourceGroupName, string deploymentName, Deployment parameters, [internal]string x-ms-api-version, [Optional]boolean wait)

Deploymentname is the name of the deployment. And you use below formula to get it:

AzureResourceManager.Deployments_List (string subscriptionId, string resourceGroupName, [advanced][Optional]string $filter, [advanced][Optional]integer $top, [internal]string x-ms-api-version)

Then use below formula to create or update a subscription resource tag value:

AzureResourceManager.Tags_CreateOrUpdateValue (string subscriptionId, string tagName, string tagValue, [internal]string x-ms-api-version)

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AzureLearner ,

According to the documentation below:

https://www.carlosag.net/PowerApps/Connectors/Azure-Resource-Manager#_Toc6F1EEB3DDeployments_CreateO...

You use below formula to create or update a named resource group template deployment. A template and parameters are expected for the request to succeed.

AzureResourceManager.Deployments_CreateOrUpdate (string subscriptionId, string resourceGroupName, string deploymentName, Deployment parameters, [internal]string x-ms-api-version, [Optional]boolean wait)

Deploymentname is the name of the deployment. And you use below formula to get it:

AzureResourceManager.Deployments_List (string subscriptionId, string resourceGroupName, [advanced][Optional]string $filter, [advanced][Optional]integer $top, [internal]string x-ms-api-version)

Then use below formula to create or update a subscription resource tag value:

AzureResourceManager.Tags_CreateOrUpdateValue (string subscriptionId, string tagName, string tagValue, [internal]string x-ms-api-version)

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Mona,

Currently I am using Powerapp free trial and I am not able to find AzureResourceManager.Deployments_CreateOrUpdate.

Please find the attached screenshot below, I am getting error has "Invocation of unknown or unsupported function".

shruthi_suvarna_0-1572420048151.png

Please let me know how to proceed with this or is there any other command to pass the arm deployment.

Thanks!

Regards,

Shruthi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

This will be a conference that you do not want to miss!

secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,590)