cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Ask for Help - Not showing the correct asset list with the latest added items after selecting name in search box (Refresh & Sort - not fixing the problem)

Good Afternoon

My issue is that after search by name and than delete it from the search box to see again all items, the list is not showing the latest added items.

To be more precise I attached a few screenshots.

Legend: 

1 A - picture showing the correct order of the items (+code)

1 B - picture showing the code (On Change) - Search Box

3 A - picture showing the wrong order after searching by name and go back to the whole list by deleting the text from the search box or using the Refresh Button or Sort Button. No matter what we do, We still see the latest item with number 1834 instead of 1845.

( I have to close app and open it again to have the correct order-its working until we do not use a search box with text containing name (-we can type without changing the sorting order using text containing the asset number etc)

The reason why its happening is that I added the lines -Bold (I need to use the ability to search for items through people who are assigned to them) :

If(IsBlankOrError(Var1),

SortByColumns(Search([@'[dbo].[Tool_List]'], TextSearchBox1.Text,"AssetNo", "description", "make", "serial_number", "Van_Number", "Store_Location", "comments", "Purchase_Order_Number"), "Unique_index", If (SortDescending1, Ascending, Descending)),

SortByColumns(Filter([@'[dbo].[Tool_List]'], engineer_index=Var1),"Unique_index", If (SortDescending1, Ascending, Descending)))

Maybe there is a solution of creating the button showing the whole list with the latest items on the top of the list.

I kindly ask for help.

Thank You for Your time. I am looking forward to your reply.

Dom

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Ask for Help - Not showing the correct asset list with the latest added items after selecting name in search box (Refresh & Sort - not fixing the problem)

Dear Sir / Madam

I have noticed that after I put two times Space and click ENTER in My Search Box, I can see all my list. 

The problem with not showing all items in Browse Gallery is after clicking on the search button. (To see items searched by name I have to click on it. If I want to see items searched by Asset Number etc - I don't have to click on it. After refresh and empty the search box is showing only items booked to one person ( I reckon that is the first number in the field of the SQL table (for Employee).

Could You help me to fix it? Is there a chance to put some code into the search button to reset all list or something?

Thank You in Advance

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Ask for Help - Not showing the correct asset list with the latest added items after selecting name in search box (Refresh & Sort - not fixing the problem)

Hi @Dom_Mer ,

Without getting my mind completely around the logic of your process, I noticed one thing - you are triggering a variable to set a search criteria off the same control that sets the variable to search for it.

I have never tried this, but I suspect the order of things calculating are a factor, especially when you have said in your last post that you can get the required information when you have a "second attempt".

I am not sure this will work, but you might try having a button to set the variable after the user has entered their name.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,778)