cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
syamknn
Helper I
Helper I

Ask user permission to connect data source again.

Hi

I built one PowerApps that connects to SharePoint online and Office365Users connections. When I shared the app with users, one of the users unknowingly clicked the "Don't Allow" button when prompted for granting access to these connections. After that, the App is not functioning properly for the user, not able to search O365 Users or see any data in the gallery or form that populated from the SPO list.

Is there any way to re-ask the permission only for this user? The app is shared with a larger group and all users performed this step correctly. I don't want to reset the connections that may again ask for permissions from every other user.

Appreciate any help in this matter.

Thank you,

Syam

10 REPLIES 10
zmorek
Super User
Super User

Have you tried "un-sharing" the app with the user from the app's Details page, then re-sharing it?

@zmorek - the app is shared to org-wide users and shared via a common security group "Everyone except External Users".  

@syamknn ,

The only way would be as per @zmorek 's suggestion, however have you tried un-sharing with that Group and then re-sharing?

syamknn
Helper I
Helper I

@WarrenBelz,

Before removing the group, as suggested, I tried to share the app with a new user. When that user logged in and clicked "Don't Allow" in the permission request pop-up, he was taken to Dynamics 365" hope page and not the PowerApps. That means a user can access the PowerApps only the user "Allow" any permissions required.

So, now the question is, how the actual user got into the app without accepting/Allowing permission? Was there any other reason the user can access the App but not connect to the data sources within the App?

Any direction is greatly appreciated.

Hi @syamknn ,

These are two completely different things - sharing the app is just that - you can share an app with a user with absolutely no data permissions - they will not be able to see any data, but the app will open. The connections created are the user's (hence the annoying permissions dialogue). 

I have never had this happen to me (hence this is a bit of a guess), but if you "unshared" it with everyone, then re-shared with the user, get them to try and open it - then re-share with everyone.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

mequan
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @syamknn ,

You can do it by clearing all connections of this canvas App.

Log in make.powerapps.com using this user account, then clear all connection data that is related to this App. Refresh and play App again will give you permission screen.

Thanks

Meiling

@WarrenBelz 

I agree with the permission to connectors and permission to underlying data sources are different. In my case, even the SharePoint list is shared with the same group. The user has access to the list. The surprise is that the user can't do people search in the O365Users connection. But the user has all active subscription in M365 AAD. I will try to un-share and re-share to try this. The only impact is every user will be asked again, which I don't see as an concern.

Thank you,

Hi @mequan 

I see this as an option before, but I'm not very confident to remove the connections. I'm worried about any formula lost due to removing the connection. Will it impact any forms/gallery/input controls that use the connection as a data source?

Thanks

@syamknn ,

I can only relate to my experience, but I "swap" connectors at times when I copy a list to another sub-site. When you delete the old one, you get errors, connect the new (identical) list and they resolve.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,560)