cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andybarker1
Frequent Visitor

Assign Power Apps per app plan to guest user for app built with Power Apps for Teams

I need help assigning per app licenses to external guest users. I have created an app in Power Apps for Teams and published it to a Channel in a Team. The guest user has been added as a member of the team and is able to access the channel with not issue. When trying to access the app they get the "You need a current plan or trial to us Power Apps"

andybarker1_0-1629947337585.png

I have followed this About Power Apps per app plans - Power Platform | Microsoft Docs and allocated per app plan licenses to the environment. I created a separate test app in the standard make.powerapps.com within that environment and used the pass assignment as specified in the article. This did work for my test app and allow the guest user to access the test app. However, they are still unable to access the app I created in Power Apps for Teams. I cannot find any place within the settings or app details that will allow the assigning of the license. 

Can someone

5 REPLIES 5
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Did you make sure to allocate the per app licenses to the environment that was built in Teams for that app?  When you build an app in Power Apps for Teams it creates an environment that is specific to that particular Team.  Make sure you've allocated the per app license to the right environment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Join me at 365 and PWR EduCon in Chicago
EduCon Chicago 2022

rampprakash
Super User
Super User

Hi @andybarker1,

Try Creating External User in azure and assign license to the person to access the access

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app-guests

Link for your reference

@Pstork1, Thanks for you response and suggestion. You are correct, it is a different environment (DSF below).

andybarker1_0-1629955582778.png

However, apparently Microsoft Teams environments are not available in the Manage add-ons area of the capacity section where the "App passes" or per App licenses get allocated.

andybarker1_1-1629955969431.png

I have also looked at the Azure licenses and the Power Apps per App licenses do not appear in there as an option as @rampprakash suggested. 

andybarker1_2-1629956131428.png

I'm not sure where to look. Again, any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

rampprakash
Super User
Super User

Hi @andybarker1,

Do you have Powerapps License & did you add the user in Admin.microsoft.com?

Teams environments are a bit different than regular environments.  But if you can't reach the specific Team environment in the management console for assigning per App licenses then the conclusion is that per app licenses can't be used in Teams environments.  Teams environments can be upgraded to full Dataverse environments, which would remove Dataverse for Teams limitations and let you assign per App passes.  But that would also force everyone else to use regular licensing for Dataverse.  I suspect the final answer is that you can't use per app passes in Dataverse for Teams.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Join me at 365 and PWR EduCon in Chicago
EduCon Chicago 2022

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (1,361)