cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VilPel
Helper II
Helper II

Assign a button to every user and collect their responses in Power App

Hello, I'm new to PowerApps and my task is to build an app in a few weeks of time. One functionality is required in my Canvas app and that's collecting responses from users of the app. I'll show you an example of my problem below.

So, I'm using a SharePoint list as my data source and I have a gallery in my PowerApp where I display the list items. Let's say I want to assign a "poll" (SharePoint list item) to multiple users. The assigned people are saved in the SharePoint in the "Person" column and they are Office 365 users.

Picture1.png

I want to show a button to every assigned user. For example, I want to give all the assigned users 2 buttons as an option, YES and NO. An assigned user clicks a button. And now I want to collect the response somewhere. The collected responses table in my app should look something like this after every assigned user have clicked their choice:

Picture2.png

Is this something that's possible to create with Power Apps and Power Automate?

Any help is kindly appreciated! Even better if someone could show me a demonstration of how to implement this.

Ville P

3 REPLIES 3
eka24
Super User
Super User

If its only about saving Yes or No together with the username to the sharepoint, then having individual buttons per user may not be the efficient way of going about that.

I suggest:

1. Insert a Radio control and set its items to: ["Yes", "No"]

2. Insert a Textbox or label that will collect the name of the looged in user: User().FullName

3. Insert One button to Patch or send the data to the sharepoint list:

Patch( Datasource, Defaults( Datasource), { User: UserTextbox.Text, Response:Radio1.Selected.Value } )

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-patch

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

VilPel
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you for your reply.

Having a button is crucial for this application and also we're looking for a functionality where a user could respond to an adaptive card sent by a Flow bot in Microsoft Teams and collect the response from there. 

One requirement is to show the user responses in a table or a gallery as I showed in my original post.

Is there any way to implement something like this?

VilPel
Helper II
Helper II

Any help please? I still have not made any progress with collecting the responses from users functionality...

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,052)