cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WLS-ITGuy

Assignment list app

Hello,

We're a school and we get requests from churches for our students to cover pastors who are going on vacation. Currently, a pastor looking for coverage, sends an email to us with information of what coverage is needed. We currently use a WordPress plugin that a user submits the coverage request to. However, a student cannot assign themselves to the coverage task.

I am looking for something that I can have a user submit the request to a database and then the students in our organization can select a dropdown that would assign the request to themselves and show on the app that it was assigned to the specific student.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Not sure why I am going to mention this first bit as I didn't find anything obviously suitable but just for future reference it is worth knowing that there are a lot of templates available, that not only can be used as is but are also good starting points if they contain a similar logic to that of which you need for a different purpose:

HenryARPhillips_0-1613768928608.png

In terms of what you are after you could front perhaps a SharePoint List by way of a Microsoft Form or Power App. You could even generate your Power App off of a SharePoint list, getting you even closer to your goal with minimal effort 🙂

So if you imagine you could have a SharePoint List with the necessary columns to facilitate the request info, along with a people picker column, assuming who we need to select are present in Azure AD. And then once an entry is made, you just need to get whoever is going to assign it to themselves , to select them as the People Picker entry.

You can also quite easily add in a Flow to perhaps send a notification to those that might want to assign themselves upon an entry being made etc.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (2,057)