Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ianallen13
Helper IV
Helper IV

Assistance with Sort / Filtering

Hello, 

I'm working on an app for work which basically connects to an excel file as it's data source (for permissions reasons, this was the best option) and on the whole, it seems to work correctly, HOWEVER, when I check the filtering - it's not giving me the correct fields that correspond with the selected program & concentrations.  

Please see below: 

ianallen13_0-1643387256466.png

The IDEA works, but it's not providing the correct results for the boxes below based on the selections above.  My formulas are as follows:

Step 1. 

ianallen13_1-1643387329662.png

Step 2. 

ianallen13_2-1643387360880.png

"Future Program with No Decision..."

ianallen13_3-1643387403125.png

"Future Program with Decision..."

ianallen13_4-1643387443056.png

"Exception (If Applicable)"

ianallen13_5-1643387484854.png

I'm also attaching the excel file that I'm using as a data source.  If anyone has any guidance as to what I'm doing wrong or what I can do to hopefully correct this, I'd appreciate it. 

Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I rebuilt your screen to confirm my thoughts. I believe it worked 🙂 . please review this.

here is my screen:

AJ_Z_0-1643389672253.png

here are the lookups which is the main issue and what i have adjusted in my screen to give me what i believe to be the correct results 🙂

for 'Future Concentration with NO Decision on Application':

LookUp(Grad_Programs_With_Options,Concentration = ConcentrationDD_1.Selected.Concentration && Program = ProductDD_1.Selected.Result
).'Future Concentration with NO Decision on Application'

For 'Future Concentration WITH Decision on Application but prior to Start Term (prior to starting any classes)':

LookUp(Grad_Programs_With_Options,Concentration = ConcentrationDD_1.Selected.Concentration && Program = ProductDD_1.Selected.Result
).'Future Concentration WITH Decision on Application but prior to Start Term (prior to starting any classes)'

For Exception:

).Exception

Let me know how this goes 🙂

Signature:

If you appreciated my comments/responses please be sure to Like/Kudo them it really does make me smile 🙂 !
Link to the Power Platform Professionals United Kingdom User Group:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Platform-Professionals/gh-p/PowerPlatformProfessionalsUnit...

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
AJ_Z
Super User
Super User

Heads up the SelectedText is Deprecated you should just use Selected going forwards 🙂

so I recommend changing ConcentrationDD_1.SelectedText.Value to ConcentrationDD_1.Selected.Value

I highlighted the Value part in blue as while it is usually .Value it could be something else so it is good to see what column names pop up after the .

I am going to take a look at the excel file now 🙂

Signature:

If you appreciated my comments/responses please be sure to Like/Kudo them it really does make me smile 🙂 !

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Platform-Professionals/gh-p/PowerPlatformProfessionalsUnit...

AJ_Z
Super User
Super User

I believe I see an issue here with the lookups what are the names of both comboboxes

Signature:

ianallen13
Helper IV
Helper IV

Thank you so much @AJ_Z - the drop downs are: 

Step 1. Program: ProgramDD_1

Step 2. Concentration: ConcentrationDD_1

I've had an issue before where someone suggested trying to use Selected instead of SelectedText and mentioned the same thing you did, but it wouldn't work unless I did SelectedText. 

I rebuilt your screen to confirm my thoughts. I believe it worked 🙂 . please review this.

here is my screen:

AJ_Z_0-1643389672253.png

here are the lookups which is the main issue and what i have adjusted in my screen to give me what i believe to be the correct results 🙂

for 'Future Concentration with NO Decision on Application':

).'Future Concentration with NO Decision on Application'

For 'Future Concentration WITH Decision on Application but prior to Start Term (prior to starting any classes)':

).'Future Concentration WITH Decision on Application but prior to Start Term (prior to starting any classes)'

For Exception:

).Exception

Let me know how this goes 🙂

Signature:

Hello, 

So I tried this and still having some issues...

So when I select "Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Current Concentration to any other Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Concentration" for example, it completely bypasses the concentration drop down.  It has all the right information in the three boxes below but skips the concentration drop down dependency.  

But when I select another option, "Master of Science in Nursing RN-MSN Accelerated (RN-MSNA)
Current Concentration to any other Master of Science in Nursing RN-MSN Accelerated (RN-MSNA)" - it keeps the concentration dependency and waits until I select a concentration.  

Any thoughts??  

ianallen13
Helper IV
Helper IV

And it seems to be only that selection ... the rest for that one work correctly.  Why would that be?  It's the same table?  Any ideas?

ianallen13
Helper IV
Helper IV

Wow... total user error.  That was my fault.  I had the wrong data in that record.  So far it looks correct.  Let me continue to review, but thank you again.  Once I'm sure and there are no other issues, I'll mark correct. 

ianallen13
Helper IV
Helper IV

It worked perfectly - thank you so much!! 

Haha no worries everyone does user errors xD I hate when they happen but good job on finding the problem 🙂

Signature:

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (5,020)