cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
grantreid
Level: Powered On

Associate different app to SharePoint list

From a SharePoint list, you can create a PowerApp to edit content. However, the default for this is a phone layout which is too small for our purposes.   If I create a canvas app in Tablet layout, how do I associate this with the SharePoint list view instead of the default one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft v-siky-msft
Microsoft

Re: Associate different app to SharePoint list

@grantreid 

The custom form can be created/edited from sharepoint list- powerapps- customize forms. you are not able to relate a standalone app to Sharepoint list.

If you want to have a larger form size, you can go to File - Setting - Screen Size + Orientation to customize form size.

Snipaste_2020-01-24_16-07-06.png

Sik

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
grantreid
Level: Powered On

Found this page: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/customize-list-form

It seems we're unable to create our own app/form and link this to a SharePoint list, we're stuck with the default mobile phone style sizing.  As it's smaller and requires extra work to become just as functional as the original, what's the point? 

Do I have this wrong? Can anyone correct me?

Microsoft v-siky-msft
Microsoft

@grantreid 

The custom form can be created/edited from sharepoint list- powerapps- customize forms. you are not able to relate a standalone app to Sharepoint list.

If you want to have a larger form size, you can go to File - Setting - Screen Size + Orientation to customize form size.

Snipaste_2020-01-24_16-07-06.png

Sik

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,499)